Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT - Preset blocks lost

Coleman48

I was loading a few presets into the LT via the editor and all of a sudden my current presets that I had were gone. Except the one I was loading but I couldn't manipulate the blocks within the preset. I turn off / on the Helix. It rebuilds the presets. All the preset names I had are there but the patches are empty. No blocks. Global settings & IR's are there. So I try restoring from a back up a few times. Kept losing connection during the preset rebuild. There was an error code (297 but not 100% in that) Changed USB ports and it works. Same thing though, preset names are there but no blocks. IR's are ok.

I make another patch / snapshots (User1). Turn the Helix off / on. It rebuilds presets again. This time the patch I just made is loaded into every preset on User 1. Not the preset name but the snapshot names & blocks / settings. Before I did this I renamed all the presets I had been using to 'Empty' (since I was starting over) except for one & the one I just made.  In a nutshell the preset names remain but no blocks. This is firmware 2.3 which I updated when it was released. I'm using a Mac & at this point Im disconnected from it. 

Whenever I did turn the unit off / on there was a  message stating "rebuilding preset 269" however that seems to have gone away overnight.

Under User1 whatever I do on a preset affects all of them. So I have 32 of the same preset. Happens no matter which preset under User1 I modify. If I add a delay to one, it's added to all. It's like one preset done 32X's. 

So I made a preset user under User2 & so far that seems to be working normal. And the factory presets seem to be order as well. Everything appears to be User1 related.

Any ideas how fix User1? 

If there's nothing you want in your current User 1, you could save one of the empty setlists and restore it into User 1.

Thanks for the help but that didn't work. Whatever I change on any preset in User1 still changes them all. The other setlist seem to be working fine. I restarted & got the  "rebuilding preset 269" message again while it booted up.

I would back up all my setlists and then reinstall the firmware. Do a factory reset after reinstalling.

I decided to do a reset of the setlist / presets. That seems to have resolved the issue. I was using User2 so I did back of that & reinstalled that setlist and all seems well. Very peculiar that one setlist would be affected like that. Hopefully that's the end of that. Thanks for the help.

• 4 years later...

hi, lost a dozen presets-- just gone- name is there but all blocks gone-- but other presets are still ok? i am hearing sometimes set lists go bad? luckily i had a pretty resent back up and only lost a few hrs--- but what if that happens at a show? Ideas on how to have that never happen again? thanks

On 7/21/2022 at 6:46 PM, musicmanmike said:

hi, lost a dozen presets-- just gone- name is there but all blocks gone-- but other presets are still ok? i am hearing sometimes set lists go bad? luckily i had a pretty resent back up and only lost a few hrs--- but what if that happens at a show? Ideas on how to have that never happen again? thanks

Just out of curiosity, did this happen on 3.15? 

What I do is I have 2 folders (set lists) of identical presets.  Just in case I manage to mess up something, I have another identical folder of presets.  Plus I religiously back things up every time I change something, and email the backup to myself. 

So if something ever happens, I can theoretically restore from a backup, all I need is a printer cable and a laptop.  If it's an important show, and I manage to have this problem, I have this option.  You're more than likely to find somebody who has a laptop and a printer cable, no matter what part of the world you are in.