Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tonepoert Ux2 And Monitoring

I have a Tonepoert UX2 and I do not want ot monitor through it.  I've looked in Gearbox's settings and have not found a way to stop my Tonepoert UX2 from being my monitor source.

The reason I do not want to monitor through Tonepoert UX2 is because it has no EQ for anything but the instrument.  Yet, when Gearbox is open and Tonepoert UX2 is connected to my PC, all audio is routed through Tonepoert UX2.  My instrument sounds fine.  But, without EQ, everything else sounds bad.  This may not be a problem when I'm recording because the recording software can have EQ.  But, when I am practicing or playing computer games or listening to WMP, those sources sound bad.  Normally, I listen to audio on my PC through my Logitech G900, which has EQ that I use so audio sounds good.

So, how can I use Gearbox and Tonepoert UX2 and monitor through my PC with my Logitech G900 headphones?

ASIO requires the same hardware for input and output.

what you want to do is outside of that specification, and only a hack or some sort of workaround will accomplish...

and it will do so by sacrificing accurate latency and possible introducing digital artifacts....

not worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

That is correct.

I know some users have routed the analog outs of the UX to the PC's Line In, but that is somewhat of a convoluted hook-up, but it may be what you're after.

If that works out you should still use the UX as an ASIO device into your DAW for recording though.