Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD studio UX2 with Pod Farm 2.5 - Can't detect guitar

dmott92

So I know that similiar problems have been posted here in recently, but none of the fixes work for me. I recently got the POD studio UX2, and installed POD farm 2.5 on my PC, along with all the necessary drivers (line6 monkey and the hardware driver) and registration steps. Unfortunately, I am still not able to get the interface/software to pick up my guitar. I have both my recording and playback devices set to the interface, selected "instrument" on the POD farm input menu, have the UX2 selected in the hardware preferences tab, and my guitar/cable works through an amp. The interface is lit up (yellow/orange lights on), but the dials don't move at all. I also noticed that I am unable to hear any other sounds from my computer (youtube/Spotify), so I am not sure if this helps isolate the issue.

At this point I have no idea what to do and am considering opening up a ticket. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

Are your speakers plugged into the ux2 or your pc? What operating system do you use?

I am running Windows 10, and I was trying to play the sound through my computer by playing around with "listen to this device" under the recording device management window. Should I try plugging in headphones into the interface?

My speakers and headphones are connected to my ux2 and the playback settings are set to ux device for playback.

The listen back to device setting is the same as monitoring your track inside a DAW. Both causes slight latency for me, so it's pretty much an un-useable function on my set up, other than for fine tuning. Try using your interface for all possible ins and outs

My speakers and headphones are connected to my ux2 and the playback settings are set to ux device for playback.

The listen back to device setting is the same as monitoring your track inside a DAW. Both causes slight latency for me, so it's pretty much an un-useable function on my set up, other than for fine tuning. Try using your interface for all possible ins and outs

I will try this, first I have to find my headphone converter... Pretty sure my cat got a hold of it. 

Also, unrelated to my issue, but you think if I had the output set to play though my computer, and had my computer connected to speakers, that would create too much of a delay? I have a nice Bluetooth speaker system set up do it would be awesome if I could do this

I've never tried to out put through my pc. It's worth giving it a go.

Some have had trouble with Windows 10,some have got it working, Some haven't. Try different usb ports and reinstall the latest drivers, via monkey or line6.com. Search this forum for Windows 10 problems, Some may help. You can always try speaking to line6 directly, via a support ticket