Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Turning FX Return OFF To Avoid Pedal Noise

KozmykJ

I'm getting floor noise from my overdrive pedals when they're in the Firehawk Send/Return Loop but with the FX Loop switched off by an assigned footswitch.
It would appear that the F# switch only stops the Send. The Return remains hot.
Currently the only way I can have this configuration AND no noise is to go to the pedal in question and switch it off there.
Now normally I would have these OD pedals before the FH input but I would like to put my Variax sound through the external OD pedals.
I suppose I could always run two cables; both Jack and VDI, then rig something to switch the Jack line Off when the external OD is not required.

I'm new to both the Variax and the Firehawk. I got the Variax about a month ago then the Firehawk last week. I'm loving the combination of the two. 
Headphone sound is great, has "character" that at first I thought was a bit "false" then I compared the tone with my Firehawk>Tube Amp with my ear right up to (down by?) the speaker grille.
And there it was, the right-up-close, bang-in-your-face sound that the headphones were giving me.

Dragging myself back on track, or trying to; I wondered if there were something I've overlooked as regards bypassing the Return in Loop Off mode?
Some little backroom tweak perhaps? All I've seen so far are the S/R Levels, Mix, FX Loop On/Off and positioning in the App.
I haven't seen anything that specifies FX Return being turned off.

Or maybe it's a thing to put in a "Line 6 Ideas" request? Ideascale and all that.