Sign in to follow this  
qwvb1111

Spider 5 Classic 15 headphone problem

Greetings, I bought a Line 6 Spider V Classic 15 three days before, the sales told me I can plug a 3.5mm earphone (can be used in smartphone) directly into the amp and mute the speaker. (I would like to practice it quietly which only me can hear the sound)

But when I plug it into “CD/MP3†hole, the speaker still plays.

Anyone here uses spider 5 classic 15 amps and know how to use headphone/earphone? Please advise, thanks!

(I read the manual and it looks like I need to plug into “phone/record out†hole?)

Yes - connect it to the phone-record out jack. The CD/MP3 jack is an input, not output, jack.

The headphone jack on the Spider Classic 15 is a 1/4 inch, so you will need an 1/8" (3.5mm) to 1/4" adaptor.

The headphone jack on the Spider Classic 15 is a 1/4 inch, so you will need an 1/8" (3.5mm) to 1/4" adaptor.

does that mean 1/4†= 6.3mm plug?

Do you know how to tune using this amp? I donr know the correct led indicates what... thx

The tuner on the amp is not very stable i.e. it vacillates/drifts quite a bit. I use a clamp-on tuner.  It should be clear in the manual - have you checked? - and on the amp. You press and hold the Tap/Tuner button.