Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Driver problem : IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

pelaomedinaese

Then you need to provide more information. 

Are you using a DAW ?

What other audio drivers are you using ?  Such as ASIO4ALL.sys ?

What are you doing on your computer when it blue screens ?

What other programs are you running at that time ?

Do you have any other digital audio interfaces running ?

• Upvote 1

Then you need to provide more information. 

Are you using a DAW ?

What other audio drivers are you using ?  Such as ASIO4ALL.sys ?

What are you doing on your computer when it blue screens ?

What other programs are you running at that time ?

Do you have any other digital audio interfaces running ?

yes it happens when i use reaper, but in other times it happen even when i don't use it.

i uninstalled all the audio drivers that i have including asio4all

i only use reaper 

no, i only have the pod 

Great.  Do you have the latest version of the PODHD driver ?

Is it completely up to date at v2.62 ?

Does your Windows 8.1 have all the latest updates ?

Line6 software can be found here:

https://line6.com/software/index.html

After checking and/or installing updates and/or drivers make sure to do a cold boot of everything - both computer and PODHD.

I am seeing this problem as well.

I am using the Line 6 POD HD Pro X and I have Pro Tools 12 and Windows 10. All drivers are up to date.

The blue screen will come up randomly during either recording or playback in Pro Tools.

Is the PODHD the only digital interface you have ?  Probably not if you are running Pro Tools.

If you have ASIO4ALL.sys installed then get rid of it.  That seems to cause a lot of the problems. 

More than likely it's a conflict between the PODHD and whatever other digital interface you have installed.

• 1 year later...

i have read most of the threads and still having the same issue. i am using it with abelton and after few minutes bsod appears ( irql not equal or less -L6PODHD5SE64 .sys ) . does anyone solved the problem . please help. 

Asio4all is uninstalled 

pod is connected via usb and a midi keyboard is connected 

all usb are checked . Problem still exists.

USing window 10 latest (1903)

also pod drivers are latest .

usb low power settings also disabled

window Realtek audio also disabled 

When I use my arturia mini lab with asio pod500x drivers ( As a sound card) it also crashes at that time. 

Also when using Ableton 10 it happens while recording guitar . I am not getting which driver is it using at the same time

• 4 weeks later...

I've been struggling with this problem for 5 years already. Driver seems to work fine in Windows 7 but in Win 8.1/10 you must be super lucky to make it work correctly. Here's my statistics:

- Laptop with Core i7 3610QM + AMD Graphics - Win 7 works absolutely fine, Win 8.1-10 - BSODs occur when you use USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 works fine but stutters occur sometimes);

- Desktop with Xeon e3 1270 v2 + Asus B75M PLUS + different NVidia cards - no issues with any system and any combination;

- Desktop with Core i7 4770k + Asus Z87-K + GeForce GTX 760 - no issues with any system and any combination;

- Desktop with Ryzen 2600 + Asus X470 Prime Pro + GeForce GTX 1070/Radeon RX Vega 56 - absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to stabilize. I've got only two frontal USB 2.0 ports and they don't help too. At the moment it is impossible to use POD HD500 as an audio interface with ASIO at all, because I can't finish recording ANY track. I didn't try Windows 7 because I NEED Win10 for different apps, it's my main desktop at the moment. But I tried reinstalling Win10 from scratch which of course didn't help. I don't have this issue with audio interfaces from other vendors.

From my experience, absolutely NOTHING helps. 

You can't use ASIO with the PODHD.  You're lucky you were ever able to do that.  This has been explained over and over and nobody ever seems to listen.  I even said it a couple times in this post.

This is the last time I'm going to say it.  YOU CANNOT USE ASIO DRIVERS WITH THE PODHD DRIVERS.

Are you kidding? :) Without ASIO the processor is simply a useless piece of junk, why do you need an audio device which doesn't work with DAWs? If you're talking about ASIO4ALL, then you're wrong, the problem occurs no matter if you have ASIO4ALL installed or not (I would be surprised if it would be another way because if you don't choose ASIO4ALL as your ASIO driver in DAW it just doesn't start and that's all).

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 6:12 PM, joel_brown said:

ASIO is a generic driver. 

Just FYI - ASIO itself is NOT a driver, it's a protocol. Search for a wiki explanation what it is so you could have a more competent conversation with people who get some idea with IT.

• 2 months later...

We're talking about the especific POD HD ASIO drivers which are written by Line 6.

Sadly, I've encountered the same issue. EVERYTHING is up to date and working fine. What is causing it? When is Line 6 going to fix it? It was supposed to fix it with driver version 4.2.7.7, but it didn't....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 1:31 PM, klogg4 said:

Just FYI - ASIO itself is NOT a driver, it's a protocol. Search for a wiki explanation what it is so you could have a more competent conversation with people who get some idea with IT.

Hi Did you have any luck? I have the same issue, tried everything and yes he thinks ASIO = 4ALL

• 5 weeks later...

I think I've found a solution to this. I've done 3 steps, and so far the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED blue screens have disappeared.

1.- In Control Panel, select Sound and choose the HD500 (Or similar model) as the default sound device, for listening as well as for recording. Check that sample rate is the same you're using in your DAW.

2.- I have a desktop, so I plugged the usb port to the back. USB connections coming straight from the motherboard are more stable. I don't know if this step helped in any way, but I think it's worth trying.

3.- I THINK THIS STEP IS THE DEFINITIVE SOLUTION: These blue screens began to appear when I started working with Bandlab Cakewalk, but when I used FLStudio, they never occured. I've looked through thousands of forums and websites for a solution, but never found one. One day I noticed that when I opened Cakewalk, Windows 10 showed in the notifications panel below to the right that an application was accessing the microphone, something that hadn't happened when I opened FLStudio. When I double-clicked the notification, a Windows 10 panel opened where I could select which applications had access to the microphone, and I blocked access to all of them if I recall correctly, or at least Cakewalk.

This procedure doesn't block or disables by any means any input in the POD that goes to the DAW, in this case, Cakewalk, since the inputs and outputs handled by the DAW are done using the POD ASIO driver. So, blocking the access to the microphone in Windows 10 doesn't disable recording using the inputs of the POD by any means, as long as the POD ASIO drivers are being used in the DAW.

After doing these procedures I haven't had any other BSOD mentioned before. I suspect step 1 solved the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD meanwhile step 3 solved the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD. I'm into the IT business, but I have no way of proving which step was the definitive solution, or which is the real culprit of them, being Cakewalk or Line 6 driver. I suspect there's an issue with the latter when it's not the default audio driver or when an application is granted access to the microphone in Windows 10.

I hope Line 6 notice this and fix the driver, since it made me lose a lot of time finding a solution, and I almost had to cancel the recording of my new album.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:32 AM, joel_brown said:

You can prove exactly what fixed what by reversing the fixes you did and testing.  Maybe the IT business isn't your calling ?

Glad you don't have any problems anymore.

I'm satisfied this problem doesn't happen anymore in my computer. As regards as to reversing or proving that this is the definitive solution; it's not my job, it's Line 6's job. Instead of criticizing, you should thank me I took the time to explain what was my solution to this problem. It would have been way easier for me not to share it because I already solved it in my computer. As regards to my profession, it's what puts money into my pocket.

Hey you're the one who said you have no way of proving which step was the definitive solution, or which is the real culprit.  You actually do and could post what really fixed the problem.  Line6 can't test every piece of software and hardware in every possible configuration with their driver.  The only reason I'm busting your balls is you are an IT person who should know this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 8:45 PM, lachinelli said:

2.- I have a desktop, so I plugged the usb port to the back. USB connections coming straight from the motherboard are more stable. I don't know if this step helped in any way, but I think it's worth trying.

Do you know which usb port you have on the back (2.x or 3.x)? 

My laptops seems to work fine with usb 2.0 port. My new computer has only usb 3.0 ports I think and can't fix bsod no matter what I try... 

2 hours ago, Eemelamsi said:

My new computer has only usb 3.0 ports I think and can't fix bsod no matter what I try...

Some people solved the issue by downgrading the USB 3.0 driver to USB 2.0 :

I don't have a USB 2.0 port. What can I do?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

1 hour ago, hurghanico said:

Some people solved the issue by downgrading the USB 3.0 driver to USB 2.0 :

I don't have a USB 2.0 port. What can I do?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Oh didn't realize I can do that. I just gave up and bought interface. Works like a charm and I get my sounds from plugins anyway so I might sell my pod. Thanks for the tip anyway! 

• 3 years later...

First off, let's level-set what you might expect to see.

• You would see Pod HD 500x edit appear as a separate program outside of your DAW (FL). That allows you to use your PC to edit patches on the Pod - more convenient than the small controls on the POD itself.
  • You would see the Pod appear as an audio device in your DAW - this is the ASIO driver.
  • Monkey would be another stand-alone program that you would use rarely to perform updates... which don't happen these days so you might never use it!
  • The POD HD 500x will not appear as a VST plugin in your DAW.

Assuming you are not seeing the Pod as an audio device in FL, I don't use FL Studio so hard to comment specifically, but I would check:

• Does it appear in other DAWs? - If so then it is a FL configuration problem
  • Does FL Studio support ASIO? - If not then you won't see the Pod appear as an audio source. There is an alternative approach to use here if needed.

Hope this helps,

DM.