pelaomedinaese

POD HD Driver problem : IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Hello i'm experimenting annoying problems with my POD HD and Windows 8.1 i got several blue screens, blaming to the PODHDBEAN64.sys i make everything to solve this but no progress... and seems that Line 6 make blind eyes to that problem, anyone solve it?

Then you need to provide more information. 

Are you using a DAW ?

What other audio drivers are you using ?  Such as ASIO4ALL.sys ?

What are you doing on your computer when it blue screens ?

What other programs are you running at that time ?

Do you have any other digital audio interfaces running ?

• Upvote 1

Then you need to provide more information. 

Are you using a DAW ?

What other audio drivers are you using ?  Such as ASIO4ALL.sys ?

What are you doing on your computer when it blue screens ?

What other programs are you running at that time ?

Do you have any other digital audio interfaces running ?

yes it happens when i use reaper, but in other times it happen even when i don't use it.

i uninstalled all the audio drivers that i have including asio4all

i only use reaper 

no, i only have the pod 

Great.  Do you have the latest version of the PODHD driver ?

Is it completely up to date at v2.62 ?

Does your Windows 8.1 have all the latest updates ?

Line6 software can be found here:

https://line6.com/software/index.html

After checking and/or installing updates and/or drivers make sure to do a cold boot of everything - both computer and PODHD.

Which probably meant you had a driver in Windows 8.1 that needed to be updated.  But I personally liked Win7 better than 8.1, so good choice and glad it's working. 

• Upvote 1

Which probably meant you had a driver in Windows 8.1 that needed to be updated.  But I personally liked Win7 better than 8.1, so good choice and glad it's working. 

thanks for the help mate!!!

I am seeing this problem as well.

I am using the Line 6 POD HD Pro X and I have Pro Tools 12 and Windows 10. All drivers are up to date.

The blue screen will come up randomly during either recording or playback in Pro Tools.

Is the PODHD the only digital interface you have ?  Probably not if you are running Pro Tools.

If you have ASIO4ALL.sys installed then get rid of it.  That seems to cause a lot of the problems. 

More than likely it's a conflict between the PODHD and whatever other digital interface you have installed.

i have read most of the threads and still having the same issue. i am using it with abelton and after few minutes bsod appears ( irql not equal or less -L6PODHD5SE64 .sys ) . does anyone solved the problem . please help. 

You don't have ASIO installed ?

You don't have any other audio interfaces installed or drivers other than the POD ?

You have tried other USB ports ?

You have Windows 10, 8.x or 7 ?

Asio4all is uninstalled 

pod is connected via usb and a midi keyboard is connected 

all usb are checked . Problem still exists.

USing window 10 latest (1903)

also pod drivers are latest .

usb low power settings also disabled

window Realtek audio also disabled 

I assume it works with PODHD Edit ?  Just Ableton is having the problem ?

It sounds like Ableton is still trying to communicate with other device drivers in addition to the POD device driver.  Has it ever worked ?

When I use my arturia mini lab with asio pod500x drivers ( As a sound card) it also crashes at that time. 

Also when using Ableton 10 it happens while recording guitar . I am not getting which driver is it using at the same time

The line6 driver must be the ONLY audio driver installed or it will crash.  Sounds like you still have others installed.  The line6 driver and ASIO drivers don't work together.

I've been struggling with this problem for 5 years already. Driver seems to work fine in Windows 7 but in Win 8.1/10 you must be super lucky to make it work correctly. Here's my statistics:

- Laptop with Core i7 3610QM + AMD Graphics - Win 7 works absolutely fine, Win 8.1-10 - BSODs occur when you use USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 works fine but stutters occur sometimes);

- Desktop with Xeon e3 1270 v2 + Asus B75M PLUS + different NVidia cards - no issues with any system and any combination;

- Desktop with Core i7 4770k + Asus Z87-K + GeForce GTX 760 - no issues with any system and any combination;

- Desktop with Ryzen 2600 + Asus X470 Prime Pro + GeForce GTX 1070/Radeon RX Vega 56 - absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to stabilize. I've got only two frontal USB 2.0 ports and they don't help too. At the moment it is impossible to use POD HD500 as an audio interface with ASIO at all, because I can't finish recording ANY track. I didn't try Windows 7 because I NEED Win10 for different apps, it's my main desktop at the moment. But I tried reinstalling Win10 from scratch which of course didn't help. I don't have this issue with audio interfaces from other vendors.

From my experience, absolutely NOTHING helps. 

You can't use ASIO with the PODHD.  You're lucky you were ever able to do that.  This has been explained over and over and nobody ever seems to listen.  I even said it a couple times in this post.

This is the last time I'm going to say it.  YOU CANNOT USE ASIO DRIVERS WITH THE PODHD DRIVERS.

Are you kidding? :) Without ASIO the processor is simply a useless piece of junk, why do you need an audio device which doesn't work with DAWs? If you're talking about ASIO4ALL, then you're wrong, the problem occurs no matter if you have ASIO4ALL installed or not (I would be surprised if it would be another way because if you don't choose ASIO4ALL as your ASIO driver in DAW it just doesn't start and that's all).

I didn't develop it I'm just telling you what doesn't work together.  ASIO is a generic driver.  If you have other hardware then get the device driver written for it.  Don't use generic drivers like ASIO4ALL.

On 8/12/2019 at 6:12 PM, joel_brown said:

ASIO is a generic driver. 

Just FYI - ASIO itself is NOT a driver, it's a protocol. Search for a wiki explanation what it is so you could have a more competent conversation with people who get some idea with IT.

The driver is called ASIO4ALL.sys.  Why don't you try and have a more competent conversation.