Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multiple assignments to a footswitch different in different snapshots

bowkore

Ive got a distortion pedal and a hi gain amp for dirty and a clean amp plus chorus all assigned to one footswitch.

So when its on the clean chorus come on and off is when distortion comes through

I've also assigned the input gate so the guitar z and threshold changes as well depending whether ive got clean or distortion on

In some snapshots it works how I want it but in other snapshots its got it reversed. So when I click it, its on the distortions comes on instead of off.

This wouldnt bother me so much but I've got my threshhold assigned to clean and dirty so my threshold goes up for distortion causing feedback and the guitar z impedence too.

Any idea whats going on?

I tried un assigned everything and re-doing it but still gave me the same problems

I use the stomp/snapshot mode. When setting up snapshots I save after the parameters/bypasses are all set how I want. Mine is also set in such a way that any changes I make to a snapshot with the stomp pedals will remain until the patch is reloaded.

Under the global settings > Preferences there is a Snapshots edit setting that you can toggle so that the snapshot "discards" any changes made and returns to it's saved state. 

You also have to make sure that your parameters(threshold,guitar z) are set to snapshot as well.

All that said, there have been a couple rare occasions that my snapshots didn't behave as expected. I ended up building the presets up again from scratch and remembered to save often.

The key is that when you save a preset, it remembers which snapshot was active, and each of its snapshots remembers which blocks are on and off. When you recall the preset it loads that active snapshot, which activates the blocks that snapshot was saved with.

Each preset also remembers the current value of all parameters that aren't controlled by the snapshots controller. Note that that means that a preset can recall one value for a parameter, and a footswitch can toggle it between two OTHER values. In that case, it works just like you'd think -- recalling the preset gets the saved value for the preset, pressing the footswitch then gets you first one of ITS values, then the other one if you press it again.

And soblivion has it right about the global setting for what happens when you modify a snapshot, then switch to another one and back without loading another (or the same) preset. It can be set to either always recall the snapshot like it was saved (discard edits), or to keep any changes to that snapshot that were made with footswitches or other controllers. I do like soblivion does, and have it keep them. Among other things, that lets you modify each snapshot in a preset before the song starts, if you want it different for that song only.

If you're having trouble with any of that behavior not working, I'd suggest some careful saving and retesting. If you have a scenario that doesn't work, post it here.