Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Back to Line 6 after a year and a half

Meiannatee

Hi guys (and gals), it has been about a year and a half since I gave away my Pod HD500x. With all the criticism it got, it's a great unit when you finally figured it out.

Since then, I've been using the Atomic Amplifire. It's been a great experience so far, the ease of use is instantly apparent when compared to the Pod. At that time, Helix LT wasn't out yet, and the full Helix was out of my budget, so the Amplifire 12 was one of the only decent MFX units with IR loading. A sensible upgrade. It's amazing how compact it is. It fits in a laptop backpack no problem.

And then Line 6 had to release Helix Native... And that teaser of a trial... After a year of having the decent but simple effects on the Amplifire, tasting that delicious Minataur drive and taking a sip of that dripping wet Cosmos echo seriously messed up my state of satisfaction.

Fast forward a few months, and I'll be getting my Helix LT this week! Exciting, yet there's a bit of regret, in that if only I knew the LT would be released at a price so close to the Amplifire 12, if only I waited 2 MONTHS longer for the LT to be announced, I would have saved some $$.

Thanks for reading! Quick request: Any suggestions for good presets for contemporary worship genre (Hillsong, Lincoln Brewster, Chris Tomlin, etc.) Sorry if there's another thread for that already.

Thanks for reading! Quick request: Any suggestions for good presets for contemporary worship genre (Hillsong, Lincoln Brewster, Chris Tomlin, etc.) Sorry if there's another thread for that already.

Shoot me a private message and I'll share some of my worship presets with you. Also, check out WorshipTutorials.com. They have some patches and videos that may be helpful to you. 

Shoot me a private message and I'll share some of my worship presets with you. Also, check out WorshipTutorials.com. They have some patches and videos that may be helpful to you.

Same here, use my helix for church as well and have some (in my opinion) usefull patches.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a bit late in responding to your post but we have a pretty large FB group for Helix worship use.  You will find all your looking for there.  Some of those mentioned in this thread are regulars, and we have a files section and a bead on all the best patches for Worship:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helixworshipteamusers/

• 4 weeks later...

Must submitted an application to join the Facebook group!!! :)

Yeah, but they get processed pretty fast!  :)

And, the latest version of Brewsters Toybox (v8) is exclusively available in the files section in the Facebook Helix Worship Team Users group...    There's an amazing community in there!