Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.31 Release Date

jbuhajla

There will some new amps in 2.5... :)

Hope they finally put some High Metal Monsters available in the old Pod X3 like the Diezels. Any new modulation effects like a decent sounding phaser like the Dual Phaser or the Small Stone? I believe the Deluxe Phaser has no luxury qualities at all to be called as such and the Helix is really really lacking that spot.

• Upvote 1

So lets do some quick math...

70 Amps

111 FX

37 Speakers

16 Mic

70*111*37*16

4,599,840 possible combinations1 using just one amp, one FX, one speaker and one mic. That's a big number!

I think I did the math right. I only did combinations because I don't have sufficient grey matter to solve all the permutations. Your millage may vary. Please consult your doctor before starting any Maths related regimen. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball. 

• Upvote 2

I'll be okay with whatever they give us. I have no problem finding a good amp / cab / mic for just about any song I want to work on.

I do hope they give the metal guys what ever it is that they say they're currently lacking in the Helix. I'm actually more tired of reading that Helix doesn't do metal, than I am reading about the tuner.

Maybe the controversial aspect of the new update is that they're going to drop the tuner!

There, I think I pissed enough people off. :P

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'll be okay with whatever they give us. I have no problem finding a good amp / cab / mic for just about any song I want to work on.

I do hope they give the metal guys what ever it is that they say they're currently lacking in the Helix. I'm actually more tired of reading that Helix doesn't do metal, than I am reading about the tuner.

Maybe the controversial aspect of the new update is that they're going to drop the tuner!

lol

I am very happy to read that you`re pretty satisfied with what`s in the unit right now... On the other hand, I`d like you be gentle enough to keep your childish remarks to yourself in order to respect other people`s opinion regarding the lack of high gain options when compared with the overbearing availability of clean and crunch amp models. There must be still some kindness in your old fashioned heart to let more Helix users join the "Satisfied Customers Club" in which you are living. You haven´t pissed anyone off, you just proved yourself that Helix`s GUI is so friendly that even an immature person like you can handle it. Warm regards for you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On the other hand, I`d like you be gentle enough to keep your childish remarks to yourself 

you just proved yourself that Helix`s GUI is so friendly that even an immature person like you can handle it. 

Well, my post wasn't aimed at you, but thanks for your analysis. I now feel qualified to run for president.

Probably just personal preference but I have to say the Marshalls remain among my favorite and most used models on the Helix. I wouldn't mind another. 

If they did add another Marshall, my vote goes to the DSL. Best lead sound I've heard from a Marshall, probably because of the uncluttered tone stack. But I'm fine with the amps we already have.

How 'bout a Center/Edge adjustment on the stock cabs instead of just distance? I probably wouldn't feel the need for IR's if that were an option.

That would make me happy!

Uh oh, Tex... them's fightin' words. Put 'em up, put 'em uuuuuuuuuuuuup!

LOL!

• Upvote 1

Yeesh -- You guys rip through new upgrade features faster than my dog rips up dirty socks!  I've barely scratched the surface of the last upgrade (Mainly because I'm spending so much time playing/tweaking the Trainwreck amp model - Love that one!  :wub:  ) ...  

Yeesh -- You guys rip through new upgrade features faster than my dog rips up dirty socks!

It's not even that. Everybody's got their own wish list, each with a different #1 at the top. Since it is inevitable that any one update will fail to satisfy these myriad fantasies simultaneously, it is likewise inevitable that some will choose to take their individual lack of fulfillment as a personal affront. Hence the periodic declarations of "The features I want are the most critical things in the history of guitar amplification, and I'm never buying Line 6 products again unless I get X,Y,and Z by noon, Thursday".

Incidentally, this is also reason #653 on the "Why The Terrorists Hate Us" list. ðŸ˜

• Upvote 1

Well, I would like to see an amp I designed in the Helix....

But, If I can't get that, give me a Marshall 2205/10, later revision (There were 2 of them, the one with the Chip on the main board is the later one) with EL-34 Tubes.

So lets do some quick math...

70 Amps

111 FX

37 Speakers

16 Mic

70*111*37*16

4,599,840 possible combinations1 using just one amp, one FX, one speaker and one mic. That's a big number!

Omitting the effects, if we're talking just amps:

Single amp: 70*37*16 = 41440

Dual amps: 41440c2 = 858,616,080

Yes, yes!

Also need;

5150iii

Friedman Brown Eye

Marshall Silver Jubilee

I know everyone is tired of Marshalls in the updates, but I'd be down for a Jubilee/Lerxst Omega considering I'm a huge Rush fan.

Marshall Silver Jubilee - the mini 2525H, 2525C combo, or 2555/2555X!  Joe Bonamassa tone!

Any possibility that acoustic guitar amps would get consideration?

I doubt it.

I used to love the acoustic guitar amp in the upgrade for HD 500, but my current Acoustic IR->Studio Tube Pre->LA Studio Comp->Parametric EQ is about a million times better sounding.

• Upvote 1