Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Possible to Damage Helix by Turning On/Off from Wall Switch?

jonperry4

Quick question for the electrical engineers among us:

I've got my guitar rig at home hooked up to a power strip that is plugged into a switched wall outlet.  This works pretty well because it lets me turn all of my pedals on and off with a single switch.  Will I damage the Helix if I turn it on and off this way, instead of using the switch on the back?

Thanks!

-Jon

Quick question for the electrical engineers among us:

I've got my guitar rig at home hooked up to a power strip that is plugged into a switched wall outlet.  This works pretty well because it lets me turn all of my pedals on and off with a single switch.  Will I damage the Helix if I turn it on and off this way, instead of using the switch on the back?

Thanks!

-Jon

I do the same exact thing; however, I still use the power button and standby mode on my Marshall Mini Jubilee tube amp despite it being plugged into the same power strip.  It's only a 20-watt amp; but I don't want to risk blowing anything on the amp.

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...

I had an issue where USB connection would drop after I put my mac to sleep, so I got a Kasa smart plug and set it to switch off the power to my pedalboard (including my HX Stomp) whenever my mac sleeps and turns it on again when it wakes. This makes sure there's always a refreshed connection. Works a treat!