Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SD Card Problem

dacop13

Has the SD problem ever been solved after all these years? I just purchased a new Spider Jam. Three brand new 2GB SD cards standard. The amp will not format the card or save JAM or WAV to it. I tried formatting the card on a PC to FAT16, still will not save or format on the amp. I was shocked to see all the posts about this, but no solution. Is there one???

Well the exchange did nothing, same problem with the card, will not format or save anything. Here is the fix, I ordered a new 1GB SanDisk brand card from Amazon, that card formatted and now saves. So...it was the card after all. Warning...stay away from Transcend 2GB cards, they do not work with this amp. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I’m having same issue with sd card. Transcend is a 2 gb. Which the manual states to use. Is anyone interested in a spider jam amp and express ii pedal? This is not good communication from this business, very bad experience.

Looks like I’ll have to lose some cash and dump this on a trade for something that works.

Ok guys I have a jam 4 and a spiderjam. Had sd card problems from day one. I would actually just run the recording to my computer and save it. That is after so many attempts on sd cards. I have to say that the drum loops on these loopers/amps are so valuable to me for pratice that I just accepted it. I found the sd card that works with them though. 

It's a 2gb Kingston 

Just to let you guys know. I have tried every sd card there was. Even a 1gb transcend. But THE 2GB KINGSTON WORKED WITH ALL OPTIONS. JUST FORMAT IT IN THE DEVICE. Hope it helps someone. 

Bobby 

• 1 year later...

Hello all and thanks for sharing your experiences. I have been reading this forum and it has been very helpful! Quick questions: can I use an SD card greater than 2GB? I read somewhere that you can’t use any card greater than 2GB; that’s very little space for tracks and recordings. What’s your input on this?
Also, how do you convert your tracks from stereo to mono? I have been trying with some songs and the result is not really good; some of my songs have different pitches or instruments on each tracks (L and R). When I convert them to Mono, it’s a mess. 
Thank in advance! 

• 1 year later...

I have two Spider Jam amps, 2010 and 2019, both running the same DSP 2.09/MCU 1.05 firmware, and neither one will format various brands of 2 GB SD cards.  I just tried a "Transcend" brand but got no results.  

Spider Jam tells me it's "formatting. . ." but then I hear a POP and it's as if the on/off switch has been tripped.  When I go to check what's on the SD card, there is nothing.  

Getting my late 2013 iMac to read it could pose another hurdle.

I'm having the same problems as previous posts.