Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midi mapping with POD HD500X

normtes

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to control a Positive Grid BIAS Processor with my POD HD500X. I've inserted the BIAS Processor (FX loop) using the 4 cable method and that works fine.

I'd like to control the amps selection on the BIAS using MIDI PC commands. I've gone through the documentation and played around with this quite a bit. I understand that in "Preset Mode", the HD500X sends "fixed" or "pre-determined" MIDI PC commands (ie. Preset 1A sends MIDI PC 0, preset 1B sends MIDI PC 01, etc...)

1st question: Is there a way to change these MIDI commands? Ideally, I'd like to decide "if and what" MIDI PC command I assign to a preset. Ideally, I'd like to be able to send the same command for multiple presets so that I could select the same amp on the BIAS side to insert in the FX loop (I may want to use the same clean or distorted amp multiple times).

I also noticed that in "Pedalboard mode", I can assign a MIDI PC command to a footswitch, so this fixes part of my problem, but does not turn on desired FX's automatically (in the same manner as presets). I'd like to be able to step on a given footswitch to generate a clean sound with effects using the POD's amp, another footswitch for a distorted sound inserting a BIAS amp and maybe a solo sound with the same BIAS amp, but different effects.

I found this device that seems to do what I want, but would prefer to do this using the POD if I could:

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm#

Thanks in advance for any help, Norm

Thanks hurghanico !

I've sort of found a workaround. Leaving my HD500X in "preset" mode, I was able to move/copy amps on the BIAS processor into MIDI positions that allow me to associate them to presets (clean, distorted rythm, lead, etc...). So for example, if preset 1A is my rythm, I make sure that the "fixed" PC command it sends calls up the proper amp on the BIAS Rack. Only down side to this is that if I make a change to an amp I like on the BIAS Rack and I've used this with multiple presets, I need to copy the changes to every amp/position.

I may place an order for the MIDI solutions device. Their support team confirmed that it should do the trick:

Their response:

Hi Norm,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes, the MIDI Solutions Event Processors can be programmed to map incoming Program Change events to different outgoing Program Change events. The regular Event Processor offers 10 settings, and the Event Processor Plus offers 32 settings. It is also possible to conserve settings by mapping ranges of values, for example a single setting mapping incoming PCs 0 - 2 to outgoing PC 20 would achieve the following:
PC0 mapped to PC20
PC1 mapped to PC20
PC2 mapped to PC20

Best regards,
John Fast, MIDI Solutions Inc.
www.midisolutions.com