Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Line 6 Amplifi with POD HD500x

RileyVallance19

Hi Everybody,

I picked up a POD HD500x yesterday and immediately started using it with my Amplifi 150. I started using the looper, but one of the things that annoyed me a bit was that I couldn't use the Amplifi effects on separate loops of the looper.

This morning I started experimenting with leads with the aim to get effects from Guitar->Relay G10->Amplifi->POD->Amplifi.

I tried using Amplifi guitar in -> Amplifi Headphones out -> POD Guitar in -> POD Headphones out -> Amplifi AUX in, But I didn't receive a signal. I Think this is because I'm using the Amplifi's Headphones out, meaning the signal is looping round and round forever, but never reaching the speaker. Could I change the signal path to go to the POD first, then the Amp, then the pod, then the amp again? What else could I try?

The POD has L6 link, USB-B, Midi In and out/thru, S/PDIF out, Variax, FX Send, FX Return L and R, Mic In, AUX in, Phones Out, XLR out L and R, 1/4" Out Land R, CD/Mp3 in, Guitar in and pedal 2. The Amplifi has Guitar in, Headphones out, AUX in, FBV Pedal and USB. My G10 has both balanced and unbalanced outs plus USB.

Thanks for your help!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/26/2019 at 1:34 PM, shmockiebaby said:

Old post. But anyway, the headphone out disables the speaker so the 4-cable method won’t work here. You can send HD500 to FRFR speakers thru aux input. But no Amplifi effects that way. Or just go into guitar in. 

But you probably know this already. 

I forgot I made this post to be completely honest...

I have since bought a Digitech Trio+ Band creator with Looper that I run through the FX loop on the POD HD500x. I have created a patch on the AMPLIFi 150 that makes it act like an FRFR speaker (i.e. Global EQ and reverb/compression for practice). The system works perfectly for me. It also means I can use the POD HD500x for only pre-amplifier effects and the AMPLIFi 150 for amp modelling and post-amplifier effects.

I used this system for when I performed in the Mamma Mia pit orchestra in January and February (minus the looper) and the FRFR system worked great for a foldback. I had my Strat connected to the Guitar in, my Maton in the Aux in and a Shure Beta 57A supercardioid microphone connected to the Mic in for a 12-string I was using too. I had 4 patches on the POD, one for each instrument (changed the input on the I/O menu for each patch to ensure only the instrument I was using could be heard) plus a mute patch which was irrelevant because I had a volume pedal on the end of every patch. I had the Amplifi connected via an A/B Box from the headphones jack so I could choose to wear headphones if I needed. I used my FRFR patch with a bit of reverb so that I could hear the instruments a bit better.

I currently have the same system set up in my university accommodation room with all my pedals and it works like a dream for practice. I have the mixer out on the TRIO+ connected to the MP3 in on the POD so that the loops and drum tracks don't get affected by my guitar effects in the chain.'

Thanks for responding!

• 3 months later...