Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Battery charger not working

dredd66

Hello...

I purchased my Variax standard yesterday.

I immediately put its battery on charge and i wanted to try variax sounds as soon as possible because I was too curious :) so I put the battery half charged into guitar...

Then i tried to continue charging but I saw that the red led was off... until a moment that it lightened...

A couple of hours later, I saw the led blinking rapidely, meaning charger problems. I suddenly removed the battery and the led light stopped blinking and became steady, even without battery!!

Why that??? Please help!

Ps in case of mistakes... I’m sorry because I’m italian...

Make certain your product is registered in your account, and then log a support ticket with Line 6.

They will let you know what your options are.

Good things come to those who wait. Battery charge times should be observed. Impatience is understandable,

I have five Variax guitars myself.

Did anyone solve this issue?

There's not much to "solve" here.

There are only a couple of possibilities...either you simply didn't charge the battery long enough, or the charger and/or the battery are defective. Either way, the only "solution" is to replace whatever's busted. If you purchased the guitar new, then it's covered under warranty. Take it back, or open a support ticket with Line 6.

If you bought it used, get a new battery first. If that one fails to charge as well, then you know the problem is the charger...but I doubt that's the case. And even if it is, the worst thing that happened is you now have a spare battery, which you're gonna want anyway....especially if you're gigging with this guitar.