Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT sucks. Badly.

DecayingWings

So...you have time to run an analyzer on a YouTube video and take a screen shot to "prove a point", yet through, what is it, three threads on two forums you haven't provided one of your actual recorded tone from the HX Stomp of which you claim is inherently missing mids from ALL OF THE AMP MODELS. 

Dude, lots of people tried to point you in a direction, now you're actually just being a d1ckh3ad. 

Edit: Also, WTF THAT IS MISSING ALL OF THE UPPER MIDS BETWEEN 700HZ and 1.5kHZ! Looks like you found your EQ curve. 

51 minutes ago, niarolf said:

Oh sure, no mids right? I guess my analyzer is defect

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, niarolf said:

Untitled.png

I guess it is. Damn, sorry bro. 

Last time I heard high pitched yowling like that, it was when I caught two cats making love to a toaster oven. 

• Haha 1

Untitled.png

That huge spike has to be the fundamental of the pitch he's playing... It's kind of an upper mid-focused tone to my ears, but anyway, I'm not sure why you couldn't use EQ to get what you're after? What amp models have you been focusing on, primarily?

1 hour ago, gunpointmetal said:

you haven't provided one of your actual recorded tone from the HX Stomp

Edit: Also, WTF THAT IS MISSING ALL OF THE UPPER MIDS BETWEEN 700HZ and 1.5kHZ! Looks like you found your EQ curve. 

Oh i had provided plenty of recorded tones on the TGP thread (which i have since removed because no one was able to help so it was pointless)

thick mids simply aren't in the helix.

1 minute ago, phil_m said:

That huge spike has to be the fundamental of the pitch he's playing... It's kind of an upper mid-focused tone to my ears, but anyway, I'm not sure why you couldn't use EQ to get what you're after? What amp models have you been focusing on, primarily?

primarily the placater dirty, I spent hours yesterday using EQ's, multiple EQ's but it can't even get in the ballpark

You haven't provided a screen shot of your tone through the spectrograph. Or the details of what other gear your using including pickups, guitar, etc.

5 minutes ago, niarolf said:

primarily the placater dirty, I spent hours yesterday using EQ's, multiple EQ's but it can't even get in the ballpark

Then its you or your guitar. Move on. 

32 minutes ago, niarolf said:

Have you tried the Archetype Lead (PRS Archon) or the Cartographer? Seems like if you're not getting what you want from one amp model, that's why they're a ton of other ones. Using a mid-boosting pedal in front of higher gain amp is also a time-tested way of fattening the mids.

On 3/27/2019 at 10:05 AM, cruisinon2 said:

I don't like Les Pauls. Don't like the scale length, and the body's ergonomics just don't work for me. So I stopped trying. It's a shame, because it's a great sound.... but I made my peace with it years ago. 

Man, I thought I was the only one. I wish I could love them, but when I get one in my hands I hate it. So I just enjoy listening to other people play them. 

31 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Have you tried the Archetype Lead (PRS Archon) or the Cartographer? Seems like if you're not getting what you want from one amp model, that's why they're a ton of other ones. Using a mid-boosting pedal in front of higher gain amp is also a time-tested way of fattening the mids.

He doesn't want help. He doesn't want to like the Helix. It couldn't be any more obvious if it were tattooed on his forehead. Like all those who've come and gone before him, his goal is to irritate while satisfying an obsessive need for external validation. Indulging him only provides more opportunities for him to push everybody's buttons....yet everyone continues to line up and do exactly that.

The only thing dumber is the fact that the next one who comes along will get exactly what he's looking for too... it's like Groundhog Day.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

He doesn't want help. He doesn't want to like the Helix. It couldn't be any more obvious if it were tattooed on his forehead. Like all those who've come and gone before him, his goal is to irritate while satisfying an obsessive need for external validation. Indulging him only provides more opportunities for him to push everybody's buttons....yet everyone continues to line up and do exactly that.

The only thing dumber is the fact that the next one who comes along will get exactly what he's looking for too... it's like Grounding Day.

*Groundhog Day

7 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

The only thing dumber is the fact that the next one who comes along will get exactly what he's looking for too... it's like Grounding Day.

WTF dude, do you think i would've bought the helix if i didn't want to like it??

i literally spent the last 5 days tweaking the helix, people like you make the helix community look like a bunch of triggered retards.

• Sad 1

WTF dude, do you think i would've bought the helix if i didn't want to like it??

i literally spent the last 5 days tweaking the helix, people like you make the helix community look like a bunch of triggered retards.

Yup. We're the problem. You win. 

16 minutes ago, niarolf said:

Triggered retards content with our tone because we know how the gear works. ;)

• Haha 1

This thread makes me sad. A few weeks back I uploaded a video with my first ever patch (an acoustic guitar patch) and I asked for feedback and advice, and I really wanted it, because I want to get better with the Helix. I got a few replies, and I thank those users that responded with advice. 

This guy (who doesn’t want your help) is literally getting people to queue up, give their best advice only to get kicked. Several members have come back for multiple kickings even as members like me have pointed out the folly of it. Einstein had a quote related to this. Masochism is unbecoming of this forum. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, davepmoll said:

This thread needs less name-calling, more spectrum analysis and a touch more butthurt.  

I admit I have a lot to learn in this area, but it's always been hard for me to raise the butthurt quotient level without name calling.

Dialing that tonal combination in is a really tricky task. 

5 minutes ago, GingerLefty said:

This guy (who doesn’t want your help) is literally getting people to queue up, give their best advice only to get kicked. Several members have come back for multiple kickings even as members like me have pointed out the folly of it. Einstein had a quote related to this. Masochism is unbecoming of this forum. 

I have a lot of free time waiting on batch processes at work, so I've been having fun with it. He's either a super dedicated troll, or a complete moron, either way poking the bear is mildly entertaining while I wait on other stuff. He'll either leave or say something so inflammatory someone actually boots him. Either way its a win. Should some random internet person happen upon this thread searching for stuff they'd be quick to realize the troll/moron nature of the conversation, or they themselves would be a moron, and they'll get a chuckle, or they'll head over to TGP for a spanking. I'm just waiting for him to show up over at SSO with the same thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gunpointmetal said:

He's either a super dedicated troll, or a complete moron, either way poking the bear is mildly entertaining while I wait on other stuff. 

Why not both?

I'm not above messing with a troll every once in a while but this one is way too stupid to be entertaining and has no range... low quality IMHO.

• Haha 1

For those of you playing at home, we have now completed Phases 1 and 2...

Phase 1: Good faith efforts to respond to the initial volley of fire-breathing complaints are dismissed outright, mostly by questioning the brains/ears/ abilities of those who responded. Predictably, (and of course by design) this eventually grinds on the last nerve of everyone who bothered to try and help.

Phase 2: The instigator responds to the inevitable pushback to Phase 1 charade by attempting to cast himself as the victim....oddly through name calling, lol. This is a peculiar tactic, as it is rather difficult to drum up sympathy for your plight from the same audience whom you've just labeled "retards". Nonetheless, this exceedingly strange behavior has been reported in 100% of wild troll encounters. (Trolls born in captivity tend to be non-verbal. They just grunt a lot, usually with one finger lodged in a nostril... it's pitiful. Please spay and neuter domesticated trolls, folks ;) ). But I digress...desperation truly is a stinky cologne.

Stay tuned for Phase 3: Digital storm-off, usually accompanied by parting insults, peppered with the occasional expletive.

ETA, 1-3 business days. 

Same script every time folks...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Rumors of troll armies massing at the borders, waiting for the spring release of v2.8 with it's top secret mid-range attenuator!

Guthrie Govan to demo at Summer NAMM!

Get your tickets now!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, niarolf said:

thick mids simply aren't in the helix.

I beg to differ.... let me re-post my image that you didn't seem to acknowledge yesterday. 

Marshall Plexi Jump > stock settings > stock cab > stock mic. If you don't mess with it... there is no shortage of mids. 

helix-plexi-stock.thumb.jpg.a14f3b9e3044658aebf93029eb4452f2.jpg

12 minutes ago, codamedia said:

I beg to differ.... let me re-post my image that you didn't seem to acknowledge yesterday. 

Marshall Plexi Jump > stock settings > stock cab > stock mic. If you don't mess with it... there is no shortage of mids. 

helix-plexi-stock.thumb.jpg.a14f3b9e3044658aebf93029eb4452f2.jpg

where is the midrange hump? it's as flat as it gets

22 minutes ago, niarolf said:

where is the midrange hump? it's as flat as it gets

I posted that image because you claimed everything was "scooped".... sorry, I didn't realize the goal posts have been moved.... again. 

If you want a hump like the one your graph shows simply do one or more of these....

1. turn up the mids
  2. add an eq with a slight bump at the frequency you want
  3. place a low gain overdrive (eg: Minotaur or TS-808 are decent choices) in front of the amp... This is the practice that Guthrie Govan does by the way... (I only mention that because of the clip you posted). 

3 hours ago, codamedia said:

I posted that image because you claimed everything was "scooped".... sorry, I didn't realize the goal posts have been moved.... again. 

If you want a hump like the one your graph shows simply do one or more of these....

1. turn up the mids
  2. add an eq with a slight bump at the frequency you want
  3. place a low gain overdrive (eg: Minotaur or TS-808 are decent choices) in front of the amp... This is the practice that Guthrie Govan does by the way... (I only mention that because of the clip you posted). 

Don't you get it get yet?  Taking the high road will get you nowhere with this guy. He thrives on confrontation, as do all trolls. You could deliver him the 600Hz notch spike that's he's decided it's the answer to his tonal quest, along with a pile of diamond encrusted 24k gold bars, and he would still find fault with it. It's an illness. Let him go....

On 3/28/2019 at 3:52 PM, Kilrahi said:

The Stomp is a really cool idea. I adore mine (used it for another 3 hours last night). I'm saddened it isn't that way for everyone. I'm a longtime Star Trek fan who despises Star Trek: Discovery - my hatred of it baffles current fans of the show, and I personally don't know what they're smoking. 

Dude! Star Trek: Discovery is great. What's not to like about STD? Ok, wow, when I type it like that, it's now obvious. Nevermind.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

Don't you get it get yet?  Taking the high road will get you nowhere with this guy. He thrives on confrontation, as do all trolls. You could deliver him the 600Hz notch spike that's he's decided it's the answer to his tonal quest, along with a pile of diamond encrusted 24k gold bars, and he would still find fault with it. It's an illness. Let him go....

wth is up with people like you, i came to these forums seeking for help and all i get is a bunch of trolling and ridicule, finally someone (codamedia) is actually trying to be helpful and you're telling him to stfu?

this place is worse than TGP ffs

We're not telling HIM to STFU, we're telling HIM not to waste his time on a troll. Everything in his post, you've been told multiple times previously.

You claim it doesn't work, then turn around and insult those who try to help.

As I previously suggested, it's  time to return your POS Helix, get an AXE, and go bother THEIR community.

We can't help you!

DA#n! There I go again, feeding the troll. DOH!

57 minutes ago, niarolf said:

wth is up with people like you, i came to these forums seeking for help and all i get is a bunch of trolling and ridicule, finally someone (codamedia) is actually trying to be helpful and you're telling him to stfu?

this place is worse than TGP ffs

Yes, it is a terrible place...I acknowledged that earlier. It's not you, it's everyone else. We are all universally awful people, laying in wait to crush the spirit of anyone genuinely seeking assistance. Because as everyone knows, that is the key to a successful online community. This forum has endured for years based on it's capacity to systematically drive away everyone who shows up.