Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

List of DSP usage per model?

BBD_123

Apologies if this is a search-fail on my part, but is there a list of amp, cab, fx etc. models on HX indicating how much DSP each one uses?

I wouldn't necessarily let it shape my patches, but it would be a useful reference to have handy...

Many thanks.

This isn't an official Line 6 document, but someone on the Facebook group made this (it's an Excel file): 

I believe they came up with it through an iterative process of seeing how many instances of each effect they could load on a processor path. The numbers are using 16 as the base. So if you want a percentage estimate, divide the number by 16 and multiply by 100.

Edited by Line6Tony
Site may be compromised
  • Upvote 5

On 1/5/2018 at 10:59 AM, phil_m said:

This isn't an official Line 6 document, but someone on the Facebook group made this (it's an Excel file): 

I believe they came up with it through an iterative process of seeing how many instances of each effect they could load on a processor path. The numbers are using 16 as the base. So if you want a percentage estimate, divide the number by 16 and multiply by 100.

Great link, thanks! I assume the developers have a method for indicating the DSP usage by each block as it provides a developer with critical information to encourage code optimization where necessary.

Edited by Line6Tony
Site may be compromised

Thanks! And thanks also for saying something about the method used to obtain the estimates. Which saved us going through the rigmarole of me asking 'anyone know how they did this?'... :)

Much appreciated. Great product, great forum.

Edited by Line6Tony
Site may be compromised

I can see now why I'm close to maxing Path A with a Plexi Bright (50% DSP) and Echoplex (I understand that this will be a biggie) and comp, distortion and verb. Only just starting to get a feel for HX, so this is very helpful

Would love to get the Excel file but I do not do the facebook thing so I get nowhere when going via above link

Possible you could load the file directly here or any other way where IT Limited idiots like me could get it?

Edited by Line6Tony
Site may be compromised

Would love to get the Excel file but I do not do the facebook thing so I get nowhere when going via above link

Possible you could load the file directly here or any other way where IT Limited idiots like me could get it?

That's odd. I don't have an FB account either, but I got the file first time without any problems and I've just tried again and it downloaded again without any problems. I think I can upload the file as an attachment, so will try that now. Fingers crossed...

Thanks for that link. It really brings home just how substantial an amount of DSP amp/cab models consume. It still might be useful if there was a way for users to see each block's DSP consumption directly on the Helix. These numbers in the webpage links and Excel sheets may be subject to some degree of change as code is optimized or or models are modified. Hardly something I would want to see a major development effort on but if those numbers were easily available they would be interesting to see. They would make it a bit simpler to decide what to swap out when you are trying to add something to a preset with maxed out DSP.

That's a great link, MusicLaw, thanks. Complete with FX block DSP allocations *and* expressed as % of total DSP.

(I would have responded sooner but was unable to post on this site today for some reason).

• 5 months later...