Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looping over drum loops

blasphemier

Using the Spider V 240 with FBV3 and I I’m trying to loop some riffs over the drum loops. Every time I do I notice my loop will unsync from the drum loop pretty drastically. Are the drum loops all in time to a click when they were recorded or do they vary ever so slightly in tempo? The only other thing I can figure is that my timing is way off with hitting the looper on the FBV3.

I can tell you that setting the looper so one stops it at the exact right time takes time to master.  The solution for me is to stop the recording, i.e. press the looper button to stop recording, on the 1 of the next measure.  So if you're in 4/4 and recording a loop that is 1 bar, count 1 2 3 4 and press the button to stop recording on the next 1.  But it has to be precise or you'll find that you're 4/4 time sig has become 4/4 +- 1/16 !

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

You think if you synced the temp to what you're playing, they would have been smart enough to have it SNAP to the closest beat measure... and have a setting to switch it from 1/16, 1/8, or 1/4... This makes it INCREDIBLY easy to just play and hit kinda close, but have it cut a perfect 4/4 loop for example... WHY?? don't people take the time to make products that are capable of doing more. I can NOT be the only person to have ever thought of this.

• Like 2