Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G30 - constant dropouts

SardiSPb

Hi all

I bought G30 on Ebay with tag "like new", well, it is true, it looks like unused, transmitter package was sealed and so on, but when I trying to play at home, signal completely fades away (from 3 green leds to 0) even if I cover transmitter with my hand! Plus if I hold transmitter in my hands and put it to my back, so I will be in between of transmitter and receiver (no front sight) and continue covering it with my hand, 3 green leds will turn to 3 red leds.

I changed batteries, switched channels and modes (from RF1 to RF2 and back), moves receiver on a room, tested it on a little gig - absolutely the same, my G30 available to send signal for a three foots and only if there is a line of front sight. Even the piece of paper can ruin wireless channel.

What can I do else?

Well, thanks to Line6 support for their quick and fast responce (sarcasm).

I found more happy user of G30 and realised that my transmitter is the reason of dropouts, receiver is ok. Can anybody spare a repair manual of TBP06 with me please?

Well, thanks to Line6 support for their quick and fast responce (sarcasm).

I found more happy user of G30 and realised that my transmitter is the reason of dropouts, receiver is ok. Can anybody spare a repair manual of TBP06 with me please?

Did you open a support ticket with Line 6? They do not actively look for people having hardware problems on their forums. 

• 1 month later...

how does the dropout occur? do you lose the signal every few seconds or so? i had a similar experience with a brand new unit years ago. the signal will just cut after about 40-60 seconds of playing like it resets or something. local distributor just replaced it.