Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Virtual Capo weirdness

I'm early adopter with red Korean JTV-69 and some bad experiences -- strings falling of the neck, tremolo not returning to tune due wiring and lastly it bricked when I updated to v2.0. All are taken care of, but after I swapped the motherboard virtual capo started to act up. F**c that and to closet it went.

Well after some years now I will try to get it in working condition again, so my questions are:

- Tracking of virtual capo is worse than it was when running v1.x, but b and g-strings are constanly half step of what intended, meanin if I try to make open E-tuning, I get E Bb G E B E. Sure it can be worked around by playing those two strings a fret above when assigning the tuning. And some random stuff.

- Factory reset does not work anymore so I should do re-flashing. But last time I did that, I had change the circutboard. Is bricking (is that correct term?) still a problem?

I checked that intonation is a bit off, but is close enough and should not be causing the problems . I do not have correct size wrench for intonation,  is 0.050" hex correct size?  

I also tried to dampen any vibrations from headstock and tremolo cavity but it did not help.

Any other ideas?

Thaks in advance,

Sampo from Finland

Thanks for reply!

Can you give me any estimate what is wrong and how costly it will be? I am bit tired of trying to get this work properly -- I checked my support profile and my email archives and this is actually my third guitar (1. unusable neck -> 2. unusable tremolo -> 3. bricked main board and now this). And I cannot cut my losses at this point by selling it with good concience because it's not working properly. 

Thanks!

Thanks for reply!

Can you give me any estimate what is wrong and how costly it will be?

This is roughly akin to emailing a surgeon who's never examined you, and asking if your brain tumor is operable....

Nobody's gonna give you an estimate until the problem(s) is identified.

This is roughly akin to emailing a surgeon who's never examined you, and asking if your brain tumor is operable....

Nobody's gonna give you an estimate until the problem(s) is identified.

Yeah, you could be right.

If answer was "that never happened before, best if you get it to authorised service center so we can examine it", I would have not asked the estimate. But how the the reply was worded ("It's gotten to the point beyond self repair." & "will have access to information and me"), leads me to think they (Line6) know more than was said here.

No big deal, but if it was costly repair in addtion to getting guitar to service center and back by courier, I'd rather know it before hand. 

E: To clarify, service link provided by Line 6 says, if I understood correctly, nearest service center is Germany -- I'm in Finland so that is a bit problematic.