Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pre-purchase question DT 25

Nelder17

So I'm about to pull the trigger on a great deal for a DT 25 head and cab, just a quick question before I do.

Before I start, I play at home usually by myself just jamming over backing tracks or with a friend doing the same. I don't need a myriad of amp models and sounds. Literally a good clean and good heavy sound is all i'm looking for. I've owned a few great amps but I've never needed 50+ watts all tube at home, so unfortunately they've all been sold. (Still regret the Mark IV rack mount sale, though...) I do own a Helix LT which I use for recording, and I also have a decent FRFR solution for as well, I just prefer that "amp in the room" sound, and I don't enjoy messing with high and low cuts and other eq's to get it to sound more natural. I have played the DT before, and I love the "classic american" clean as well as the "modern high gain" voicings. 

I was wondering if anyone has experience using the DT25 and a Helix in a 4CM? I'm just looking to run a gate/OD/wah in front of the amp and a couple effects (modulation, delay, reverb and EQ) in the loop. I've read about certain amps having a lot of noise when used this way with the Helix, and was wondering if the DT 25 is one of them. Basically I just want to use the Helix for effects and channel switching, and use the DT 25 as a normal 2 channel amp. I realize i'm greatly under utilizing what this stuff is capable of this way, but I'm done with constantly tweaking and messing about. I just want to plug in and play. Cheers.

Sounds like a good plan...I have a DT25 head/cab that I used for the simple rig and just take my old Boss pedals with it...Dead simple and sounds great...Little channel switch also...I have done to 4CM with most of the Line 6 modelers. It's neat, but I am not a fan of all the extra cabling and tweaking...Sounds like a decent plan tho...From what I have heard thus far, Helix does 4CM pretty nicely.