Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Snapshots

guix

Working to try to import my Helix's sounds to Native I see Native doesnt have a conceot of Snapshots... that I can find..... would be greta as full compatibility (expcet i/o obviously but that cab e sort of simulated) for creating in Native and bringing to helix and the otehr way around should have snapshots in it...

Any help?

At present, no. Allegedly, some future version of Native will have snapshots. When is anybody's guess, and the few who know ain't talkin'. Hurry up and wait....

The "when" is sometime around NAMM (which starts two weeks from tomorrow)...

The "when" is sometime around NAMM (which starts two weeks from tomorrow)...

Don't get me wrong...I consider it borderline miraculous that I can own stuff this sophisticated, which continues to evolve into something more than it was the day I opened the box...and for free. But by the same token, I'm a realist. They're coy about release dates for a reason: Nothing's ready until it's ready, and with stuff this complicated, the 937th "oops" that nobody thought of has to be dealt with before it drops. The last time something was supposed to be released "sometime in the spring", everybody was frothing at the mouth when they were cleaning up after their 4th of July BBQ without new firmware... it'll get here when it gets here. Meanwhile, snapshots work just fine on the hardware. Suits me fine.

Don't get me wrong...I consider it borderline miraculous that I can own stuff this sophisticated, which continues to evolve into something more than it was the day I opened the box...and for free. But by the same token, I'm a realist. They're coy about release dates for a reason: Nothing's ready until it's ready, and with stuff this complicated, the 937th "oops" that nobody thought of has to be dealt with before it drops. The last time something was supposed to be released "sometime in the spring", everybody was frothing at the mouth when they were cleaning up after their 4th of July BBQ without new firmware... it'll get here when it gets here. Meanwhile, snapshots work just fine on the hardware. Suits me fine.

Well, yeah, with any software, it's ready when it's ready... But as far the snapshots for Native, they are in testing currently, so barring some huge unforeseen stuff, there shouldn't be major delays.