Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

external expression pedal to control eq

kenhan

Hello folks,

I am considering installing a pickup to my acoustic guitar with no on board volume or eq control. So I plan on using the built in expression pedal on my LT for volume, and would in addition like to use an external expression pedal plugged into LT to control either:

1. the level of bass tone (boost or cut), or

2. the balance of treble/bass, so that the expression pedal would sweep toward more bass/less treble to less bass/more treble. How might one accomplish either one of these cases? Thanks.

Ken

I am considering installing a pickup to my acoustic guitar with no on board volume or eq control. So I plan on using the built in expression pedal on my LT for volume, and would in addition like to use an external expression pedal plugged into LT to control either:

1. the level of bass tone (boost or cut), or

For any parameter on Helix, Press and Hold the encoder knob underneath it for about two seconds.  Then press Knob 6 labeled "learn control".  Move your external expression pedal and it will assign automatically.  It will start with 0%-100% sweep, but you can adjust it as needed in that same screen.

2. the balance of treble/bass, so that the expression pedal would sweep toward more bass/less treble to less bass/more treble. How might one accomplish either one of these cases? Thanks.

You can assign multiple parameters in a preset (up to 64). So, repeat the process mentioned above for any other parameters you want to have tied to the same expression pedal.  If you want two parameters to shift in opposite directions, just have one of them set so the "Minimum Value" is higher than the "Maximum Value".  You're basically setting what you want each to be in the heel position (minimum) and then again for the toe position (maximum)

• Upvote 1