Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Needing Some Help!!! Default Effect Setting For "5C" - What Is It??

I hope this post goes through: 

Recently I was editing setting "5C" on my POD-XT Live and I've totally screwed it up, somehow, from what its "default" setting normally is (I'm too much of a wuss to seriously edit some of the effects because I know I'll forget what the default settings are) and I don't know how to "edit" it as-it-is to get the default effect setting back!!!  

Can someone please help me out???

Have you edited and saved any other patches that would be messed up if you did a reset to the defaults?

If you just want to know what all the settings are for that preset, maybe I can look in my XT Live and tell you what they are, and you can dial everything in by hand and save it. 

Have you edited and saved any other patches that would be messed up if you did a reset to the defaults?

If you just want to know what all the settings are for that preset, maybe I can look in my XT Live and tell you what they are, and you can dial everything in by hand and save it. 

All of the other settings/effects, I left completely alone (except for maybe a slight edit on some of the volume levels).  If you could tell me what your settings are, I can definitely dial them in and save it.  :)  I was hoping that I could remember what the default setting was but - my memory ain't as good as it used to be and unless I write something down (which is what I should have done in this situation) I usually wind up forgetting it.

Thanks SO much for your help!!!  

I'll plug it in and have a look at it later today. (assuming that it still works...) 

Just to confirm -- 5C is 'Day Tripper' -- is that correct?

EDIT: Hmmmmm... mine is showing "Plush" as the 5C preset name. Maybe Day Tripper is for the older XT, not the XT Live?  Will keep investigating...

Ok, here's what I did:

I turned on the XT Live and called up preset 5C. Then I stepped through each of the parameter screens -- there are 18 -- and took pictures of them with my phone. I trimmed 'em up and put them into a document file, which I wrote as a PDF. You can access the PDF, or all the individual screen pictures at the following Google Drive link. Once you're there, you will be able to download anything in that folder. If you select all the photos, it will put them into a zip file for you.

The pictures should be in the order that they appear on your XT Live display. (In the PDF, I made sure that they are...) The individual file name will have a 2-digit number just before the .jpg extension. That indicates the XT Live screen. IMG_20180112nnnnn 01.jpg would be first, for example, then IMG_20180112nnnnn 02.jpg, etc.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qUPVfg-uRtqFYorFndEFpB22QcqHcG3c?usp=sharing

Hope it works out for you. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Ok, here's what I did:

I turned on the XT Live and called up preset 5C. Then I stepped through each of the parameter screens -- there are 18 -- and took pictures of them with my phone. I trimmed 'em up and put them into a document file, which I wrote as a PDF. You can access the PDF, or all the individual screen pictures at the following Google Drive link. Once you're there, you will be able to download anything in that folder. If you select all the photos, it will put them into a zip file for you.

The pictures should be in the order that they appear on your XT Live display. (In the PDF, I made sure that they are...) The individual file name will have a 2-digit number just before the .jpg extension. That indicates the XT Live screen. IMG_20180112nnnnn 01.jpg would be first, for example, then IMG_20180112nnnnn 02.jpg, etc.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qUPVfg-uRtqFYorFndEFpB22QcqHcG3c?usp=sharing

Hope it works out for you. Good luck!

Thanks a BUNCH for doing that for me!!!  I'll save the photos now.  

Cool! Thanks for  confirming your success. Sounds like you need to learn to save your presets to your computer, just in case!

Yeah, I do need to learn to do that.  Unfortunately, I'm very low on funds and don't have a USB cable to connect to my 'puter so I can save my presets so....I'll just have to be careful.