Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV-89 / 89-F questions

Hello Variaxers,

A question about the finish on the JTV-89/89F -  How dark is the "blood red" finish - in some pictures it looks very dark, almost like a deep wine color or almost BLACK - and in other pics it looks very bright ad very "red" - can anyone tell me how bright/red it actually is or is it really rather dark?

Also, should a JTV-89 neck with the reversed headstock fit on the JTV-89F with no modifications?  I mean, they are effectively the same, correct?

Just curious - I have a standard, but am thinking of moving to the 89 for the humbuckers and the Floyd - I do NOT play heavy music, but Floyds are smooth and steady, and the standard always feels a bit cheap and stiff in some way.  :-(

Any info. is helpful.  Cheers!

-b.

"... should a JTV-89 neck with the reversed head-stock fit on the JTV-89F with no modifications?"---

May need to do a little sanding on the neck to get it to fit in the pocket, but it should be okay.

The locking nut and string tree are there to help stabilize tuning when using tremolo on an 89F.

You won't have that on an 89 neck.

Just curious - I have a standard, but am thinking of moving to the 89 for the humbuckers and the Floyd - I do NOT play heavy music, but Floyds are smooth and steady, and the standard always feels a bit cheap and stiff in some way.  :-(

My other electrics are ALL FR equipped: some originals, Schaller and Ibanez lo pro edge.

To be honest I find the bridge on the Standard way smoother and easy to manage. The rage, on the other hand, is of course way smaller on the Standard compared to a FR equipped guitar.