Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issue with PODHD PROX software seeing device using USB C

aholland

I am having an Issue with PODHD PROX software seeing the device using USB C with a regular USB adapter. The software isn’t seeing the device. Does anyone know if there is an update to the software of device ? Is it an issue with the adapter ( that works with other usb devices )?

Thanks

Adam

• Like 1

Thank you for the response. Yes the rectangle is still in the center of the USB port.

I have connected the POD to another computer. and everything worked perfectly. All of the firmware and software are up tp date. I recently got the new Macbook with the USB C ports. I am using a USB C to USB female adapter. I bought a proper USB male to USB C cable to see if that will help.  On the USB C computer, Line 6 Monkey does see the device. Its only when I go to update the USB/Drivers/Firmware it tells me it does not see the device.  POD HD PRO X edit does not see the device using the USB C.  I opened a support ticket as well.

I truly appreciate your response and wisdom.

Have a good night and I will keep you posted on the progress with the new cable and support.

Adam 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am hav ing the same issue. Got the new mac. I have dowladed monkey, but when I plug in the pod, it does not bring up the HD 500  icon that I use to see on the other computer. Cn I call and ask someone?  Or does nyone have the solution? 

Hey there! So I finally figured out. The issue is with the drivers. When you download the driver the system will prompt to restart the Mac. When the Mac rebooted, nothing would happen. As soon as the Mac restarts you need to go to system preferences > Security and privacy setting and in the window pane you should see the option to click "Allow" for the drivers to be installed. If you check this screen at any other time you will not see the option. 

Once I was able to get the drivers to install, everything else started working fine. 

I hope this helps. 

Good tip. Glad you got it working for the newer Mac owners. The problem is this exact solution has been proposed in many other threads and it seems many aren't reading the solution. I hope your thread (or one with the solution in it) sticks to the top and people start reading threads a little more.

Glad you got it working. Rock on!