Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Selling HD500 What happens with the Bundle Packs

sandman69

So I have decided to work on selling my HD500 and DT25 and replace it with a Helix.   I purchased the HD Bundle Pack when it came out.  These will continue working for someone that may buy it, correct?  I remember sometime during the updates over the course of owning the HD500.   I saw something relating to "Something not Authorized or some such" until I logged in.  I can't remember the exact details on it, but I want to ensure that these will work for a buyer, since it adds quite a bit of models to the HD500.

as long as the new owner doesn't use the license manager the model pack will be active into the device..

in case he uses the license manager and log in with a different Line6 account than yours the model pack will be deactivated..

AFAIK to avoid this issue there are 2 ways:

1) you give your account ID and password to the new owner, so he can log in with your credentials if he needs to use the license manager..

2) you de-authorize the device, and give as a gift your model pack license to the new Line6 account of the new owner, and then he will re-authorize the model pack into the device by using his Line6 account

Well since I am planning on sticking with Line6 and get a Helix I don't think I would want to share my account information.  So will probably look at the number 2 option.  Where would I find my license for the model pack?  Would it be on this site somewhere in my purchase history, or viewable in the Line6 apps.  Or would I need to track down that email?

Thanks for the information.  Good to know.

Just logged into the website and in my purchase history it shows a button that I can "gift" the purchase to another person.  So I guess that is what you were referring to. 

So I would de-authorize the HD500 from my account and when he sets it up on his end I can gift the bundle pack to him and he will be able to access their functions.   I am imagine they would want to use the manager for future updates.  That is if they still plan on updating it.

Thanks Man!   Now to hope for a buyer.  Drooling for the Helix.