Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

saving changes to a tone

jmichaelpeterson

Hi. I have a new pop hd500x having used a pod xt live for several years. When I make changes to the tone (I've mostly done volume) I can heat the change, I press the save button a couple of times following on screen directions. However, it does not save. If I go to another tone and come back it is back to the original settings (in most card a volume that is too low).  Can anyone help me with this? 

Michael

Thanks for the response. No I am not using the master volume knob. I am changing the volume for an individual tone. And I am not using editor. I am changing the volume control on the device itself (pod) and then pressing the save button on the top left of the device. But like I said the saving of the volume control does not last. Other ideas? M

From the Editor when send the patch to the device to save you have to really make sure you have that patch selected and highlighted before sending especially when saving the name of the patch. It is easy to make a patch but not have it send correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are changing the volume, make sure the volume has not been assign to the foot pedal.  Some people (me:)) assign the volume of the amp to the expression pedal 2 and give it a minimum value of 0 and a maximum of whatever... that way you can use it like a volume pedal and free up a block in the chain.

Sometimes I will forget I have done this and change the channel volume on the patch, save it and it doesn't save... then lots of cursing until I remember I need to change the volume on the expression pedal ... then I just laugh at myself!

Save Twice should do it...Try moving to a new Set list? then go between patches there...then see if they will take the patch leveling changes....I assume you are trying to level volumes between patches...sounds like you are doing it right...I don't use the editor either and that is exactly what I do...good luck sir...A global reset is a good idea....hold left arrow on power up....you just need to revisit the System Settings pages to make sure thing are like you like them...patches will be fine...

• 2 weeks later...