Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EX-1 issues

I have a ticket opened with support but was wondering if anyone else is having this issue...

I am using a Spider V 240 with FBV3 and the Mac and/or IOS App connected via a Relay G10T. Issue occurs using either app or none (using the amp controls only with no apps connected). 

Very easy to get volume to 0% or 100% (min and max work as expected - but it seems like I have to put the EX-1 to almost 40-50% to gat any volume at all - then it kinda jumps around a bit and settles. Once pedal is depressed to about 60-70% there is no further increase in volume. There seems to be about a 30% range of pedal adjustment in the middle where actual volume changes are heard, and it is extremely difficult to get the volume where I want it to be. Always either too loud or too soft. Really difficult to adjust volume and it “jumps" around. If I assign an effect to the EX-1 the volume seems to work OK on the built in pedal - but the effect percentage “jumps†too quickly using the EX-1.

I also have an Amplifi 150 with an FBV Shortboard MKII connected with a cable - the issue does not seem to be as bad there when I connect the EX-1 to the MKII on the Amplifi - but still difficult to adjust volume.

I have re-flashed the FBV III and the Spider V.  

Hmmmmm....

Seems to work much better if I use the Spider V remote app to set a minimum volume level at say 10 %.  I did this and it acts much better - 10 - 20 % setting for a minimum seems to be the sweet spot.  The closer the minimum gets to 0% the worse it acts.

• 3 weeks later...