Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mesa Mark 3 Simul Class

localhero

I have been trying for ages to get these 2 tones at home, same as i get on stage, (clean and drive channel).

Any help greatly appreciated(i have a lot of GD's patches and marcos but nothing near it).

Any ideas everyone.

This is the video 

Hard to say based on the recording quality. Have you played around with the Litigator amp model? My main preset I use sounds very similar in the cleans and drive tones with my strat. It is Litigator based with a Marshall Basketweave IR and DrZ Best212 IR in parallel (3 Sigma Audio IRs). Basketweave side is dry and the DrZ side is wet. 

Hard to say based on the recording quality. Have you played around with the Litigator amp model? My main preset I use sounds very similar in the cleans and drive tones with my strat. It is Litigator based with a Marshall Basketweave IR and DrZ Best212 IR in parallel (3 Sigma Audio IRs). Basketweave side is dry and the DrZ side is wet. 

Thanks so much I'll give that a try.

I have been trying for ages to get these 2 tones at home, same as i get on stage, (clean and drive channel).

Hi, I have the MK3 simul class combo with EV, my favourite clean that i've had. When auditioning the helix amps I went for the Solo Lead Clean, I liked the chime and ring more than any other amp, similar to my ears, but I'm no tone pro. Haven't experimented much with dialing down to clean up the crunchier amps.

Really liked your video, tone and playing, quality!

Hi, I have the MK3 simul class combo with EV, my favourite clean that i've had. When auditioning the helix amps I went for the Solo Lead Clean, I liked the chime and ring more than any other amp, similar to my ears, but I'm no tone pro. Haven't experimented much with dialing down to clean up the crunchier amps.

Really liked your video, tone and playing, quality!

Thank you so much.Yep the Boogie is my fav clean too, manages all jobs.Its the o/d or sustain I'm failing miserably with at home.

Have you tried the Cali IV model ? I'd imagine that's the closest thing to a Mark III in the Helix at the moment. 

Thanks Phillip have tried cali also, just like that little bit of 'hold'(sustain on the notes) that the boogie can give you.Im sure I'll get it eventually!!!

Thanks Phillip have tried cali also, just like that little bit of 'hold'(sustain on the notes) that the boogie can give you.Im sure I'll get it eventually!!!

I've been using it a lot recently and I find its very good, just need to dial it right and use some kind of overdrive in front to boost it. a compressor infant that help with that sustain problem too when running direct. 

Its a very different experience playing a model through studio speakers or headphones then running a real amp at volume. 

you can't set the model the same as you would the real amp to get that same kind of feel. 

But tonally I can assure you that the CaliIV is very authentic to the boogie sound

I've been using it a lot recently and I find its very good, just need to dial it right and use some kind of overdrive in front to boost it. a compressor infant that help with that sustain problem too when running direct. 

Its a very different experience playing a model through studio speakers or headphones then running a real amp at volume. 

you can't set the model the same as you would the real amp to get that same kind of feel. 

But tonally I can assure you that the CaliIV is very authentic to the boogie sound

Thanks a lot for great advice Philip I'll give his some good time this week and let you know how i get on.:-)