Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Channel Switching a Splawn Amp from Helix?

robberns

Curious if anyone out there in Helix land has had success getting the Helix to channel switch a Splawn amp.

I have a Splawn SuperSport and can change the channels with the Splawn footswitch no problem.

When I plug a TRS cable into the Helix and then into the "B" jack (which changes amp channels via the Tip if a TRS cable), I get a loud hum and no channel switching.

On top of that, I find the Helix manual to be a bit dodgy about how to set up a footswitch to change amp channels externally.

Any help would be appreciated!

Curious if anyone out there in Helix land has had success getting the Helix to channel switch a Splawn amp.

I have a Splawn SuperSport and can change the channels with the Splawn footswitch no problem.

When I plug a TRS cable into the Helix and then into the "B" jack (which changes amp channels via the Tip if a TRS cable), I get a loud hum and no channel switching.

On top of that, I find the Helix manual to be a bit dodgy about how to set up a footswitch to change amp channels externally.

Any help would be appreciated!

Have you confirmed your Helix configuration settings for the Ext Amp output in Global Settings?

I think you mean Command Settings. I have tried all 3 settings for tip-to-sleeve, ring-to-sleeve, and both. No difference.

What I am hearing sounds like a ground loop. It may be the way the jacks are wired in the amp.

I have a HumX unit I can try lifting the ground with.

Just wondering if there were any users out there doing channel switching on a Splawn.