Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Changing between presets and snapshots

tochiro

Hi,

I have various presets for various songs I play live and in each song I have different snapshots.  My Helix is setup for 8 snapshots.

I am not sure I understand how to quickly change presets live and immediately have the various snapshots ready under my foot.  What's the quickest way?  Thank you.

Cheers

Hi,

First of all, in a preset, you have to see the windows view (i mean not the graphic with the blocks) to obtain it, you just have to press the "home" button.

Then, you'll see eight windows with snapshots or the effects you have put in your "pedalboard" to pass from one to the other press the "mode" pedal.

In this configuration, your snapshots will stand (i remember there's a general parameter to verify)

You just have to set your bank/preset with the two left pedals up/down and to choose the one you want to play. After having selected the preset, the different snapshots automatically appear.

Hi,

I have various presets for various songs I play live and in each song I have different snapshots. My Helix is setup for 8 snapshots.

I am not sure I understand how to quickly change presets live and immediately have the various snapshots ready under my foot. What's the quickest way? Thank you.

Cheers

With all 8 footswitches set for snapshots, the only way to toggle between different patches is to set the two up/down switches all the way on the left to "preset". But this only allows you to go up or down 1 patch with each click...so to switch from patch 1A to 5B, for example, it's a whole lot of tap dancing. If you really need that many snapshots per patch, you'll have to store them all in the order they'll be used live so its just 1 click to the next one.

Unless there's some other magic way to do it that I'm not aware of...

For me, the best configuration for playing live is 4 patches on the top row of footswitches, and 4 snapshots at the bottom. I rarely find the need for more than 3 snapshots per patch anyway... usually clean, dirt, and a lead.

• Upvote 1

4 patches and 4 snapshots is how I do it too, hit Mode to get to the rest of the stomps. I don't usually create more than 4 snapshots per patch, just because there's no great way to navigate between full sets of patches, snapshots, and stomp switches. You could use an external midi footswitch for one of those layers, but I really like that Helix is self-contained.

More snapshots close to hand instead of some stomps is totally reasonable if you prefer.

With all 8 footswitches set for snapshots, the only way to toggle between different patches is to set the two up/down switches all the way on the left to "preset". But this only allows you to go up or down 1 patch with each click...so to switch from patch 1A to 5B, for example, it's a whole lot of tap dancing. If you really need that many snapshots per patch, you'll have to store them all in the order they'll be used live so its just 1 click to the next one.

Unless there's some other magic way to do it that I'm not aware of...

For me, the best configuration for playing live is 4 patches on the top row of footswitches, and 4 snapshots at the bottom. I rarely find the need for more than 3 snapshots per patch anyway... usually clean, dirt, and a lead.

Me too. This is what I do. 4 presets on top row, 4 snapshots on bottom. My Up/Down buttons are set to Bank and my FS display is set to 10 Stomps, meaning when I use the Mode switch I see up to 10 assigned FS and then use the Mode switch again to toggle back to where I can change Banks/Presets/Snapshots.

• 1 year later...

I know  this is an older thread, but my favorite method is buried in an earlier post so I thought I would share it.

I like having quick access to 8 presets, 8 snapshots and 8 stomps. The common choice of 4 and 4 feels too limiting to me. (key words... "to me")

1. I setup my home screen for 8 snapshots. 
  2. Now the mode toggles between 8 snapshots and 8 stomps. 
  3. Pressing either bank button (up or down) reveals access to 8 presets at a time
  4. Once I select a preset I am back to whichever mode I was previously in (snapshot or stomp)

I am never more than 2 clicks away from everything I need... most often just 1 click away.