Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro - Is It Possible To Get Signal With Cab Sim. On Balanced And Wihout On Unbalanced?

mariaczi

Hi!

I am going to buy POD HD PRO (or X).

It will be used together with Tube preamp and Tube power amp and with 2*12" cabinet on the output of power amp.

Tube preamp will be in FX loop of POD HD PRO.

In typical case it will be simple - guitar->relay g55->pod hd pro->tube preamp->pod hd pro->power amp->cabinet->mics,

but sometimes I am forced to play into the line, but I need hear my sound still thru cabinet.

In this case power amp will be still connected to unbalanced outputs but signal to mixer console will be taken from balnced output - so I'll have to enable cab simulation.

Is it possible to get signal without cab  simulation on the unbalanced output in this case and signal with cab simulation on balanced output?

This is powerful digital unit, so it should be possible somehow.

No... sorry, but the outputs are identical.

Is it possible to get signal without cab  simulation on the unbalanced output in this case and signal with cab simulation on balanced output?

This is powerful digital unit, so it should be possible somehow.

I can live with that, but it is really not understandable, because it is just software, Line 6 could do this and it would be really, really appreciated feature!

I have more important issue which I've realized: I cannot use external preamp with POD cabinet simulation? Why? It is stupid...

there are limited DSP resources....

it takes DSP resources to process the signal 2 different ways...

and you are correct, you cannot use the cabs without an amp model.

I can live with that, but it is really not understandable, because it is just software, Line 6 could do this and it would be really, really appreciated feature!

I have more important issue which I've realized: I cannot use external preamp with POD cabinet simulation? Why? It is stupid...

I suspect that the POD does not have 2 sets of DA converters for balanced and unbalanced outs, which it would need if you want to deliver different digital signals to the 2 types of output. This is probably not a matter of 'just DSP SW'.

I understand, but e.g. Avid Eleven Rack have seperate outputs for amp, like balanced/unbalanced in POD and you can set up which processing is applied for this outputs.

It can be acceptable, but this thing which I mentioned, that I cannot enable cab simulator for external preamp disqualifies POD for using with external tube preamp... unfortunettly because I would more than love to use POD with my tube preamp and tube power amp... but I don't want to lose possibility to use tube preamp when I'll play witout cabinet.

funny thing is this critical feature to you....

sounds absolutely worthless to me...

just my opinion... although i'm all for the option if it can be done....

as i like options...

I also have a DT50, so I obviously do not have the same setup as you.

with any other amp though, i'd just use the preamps in the pod, or a 4 cable method and let my real cab/preamp speak for itself.

I understand, but e.g. Avid Eleven Rack have seperate outputs for amp, like balanced/unbalanced in POD and you can set up which processing is applied for this outputs.

It can be acceptable, but this thing which I mentioned, that I cannot enable cab simulator for external preamp disqualifies POD for using with external tube preamp... unfortunettly because I would more than love to use POD with my tube preamp and tube power amp... but I don't want to lose possibility to use tube preamp when I'll play witout cabinet.

Trying to explain:

I'm playing worship and lot of times a cannot set my cab with mics to be able to use it in good way so I have to use cab just for monitor cab, but I still want to be able to use my tube preamp sound, because I love it.

Clear enough? 

i get what you're saying... 

and i'm certain that you have a good reason, and that it pleases you tonally...

just not certain that i see a common scenario that affects alot of users....

and unfortunately... things are more likely to get changed the more people that would be positively affected by that change.

i suggest that you throw it up here: http://line6.ideascale.com/

(or dig around try to find the feature already requested)

and see if you can't get a posse together! :)

you'll increase your chances of actually getting this changed. (noone on the forums could do anything about it anyway... we are just telling you what we know)

Trying to explain:

I'm playing worship and lot of times a cannot set my cab with mics to be able to use it in good way so I have to use cab just for monitor cab, but I still want to be able to use my tube preamp sound, because I love it.

Clear enough? 

i get what you're saying... 

and i'm certain that you have a good reason, and that it pleases you tonally...

just not certain that i see a common scenario that affects alot of users....

and unfortunately... things are more likely to get changed the more people that would be positively affected by that change.

i suggest that you throw it up here: http://line6.ideascale.com/

(or dig around try to find the feature already requested)

and see if you can't get a posse together! :)

you'll increase your chances of actually getting this changed. (noone on the forums could do anything about it anyway... we are just telling you what we know)

There is this idea, I voted on it already :)

Thanks

i think is not just software....... seems that on the mainboard xlr and jack are parallel connected (phisically)...... this means that you can't split signals......

what you can do (i do this when i use my poweramp and cabinet) is have a combo of patches with dual amp..... with mixer ch1 100% l ch2 100% r ....and split the signal chain.... on the left you go direct to foh with the amp with cab sim, on the right you go unbalanced to the power amp with "no cab"

hope this help......

Thanks.

I think I will wait till end of November and if no update will come I will go with G-System as effect unit, because if I cannot achieve more with POD, I can get really better FX unit.

Hopefully, Line6 engineers will enable us at least to use cab sim without amp sim - it will be enough.