Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Removing Crackling on Cleans

I have a POD XT and find that mostly all the clean presets produce a crackling noise with every note/chord I hit. Some are worse than others, and the best just have minimal crackling.

Has anyone else noticed this or could it just be my unit? It's really old and seems to be dying.. first the preset selection knob stopped working and now the display is broken. The only way I can change/edit the tones is via Line 6 Edit.

I'm tying to remember if this has always been a problem or something that's started recently. I haven't used this XT for years. I just began playing around with it again when my guitar amp died.

I know nothing but by pocket pod started doing this recently. I actually run a board with about 7 or 8 pedals before the PP. There wasnt a crackling but a noticeable click on the attack of every note. Not sure if that is what you are hearing or not. dont notice it on the overdrive patches but clean it was pretty obvious. Turns out I had the channel volume too high . Not sure why but once I dropped it down to about 4-5 and boosted the master volume the problem went away. 

I know nothing but by pocket pod started doing this recently. I actually run a board with about 7 or 8 pedals before the PP. There wasnt a crackling but a noticeable click on the attack of every note. Not sure if that is what you are hearing or not. dont notice it on the overdrive patches but clean it was pretty obvious. Turns out I had the channel volume too high . Not sure why but once I dropped it down to about 4-5 and boosted the master volume the problem went away. 

Ya, I have noticed that the crackle eases off a bit when I drop the volume on my guitar. It actually seems like every preset/patch sounds better when my guitar's volume is dropped down. I also have really hot pups, so maybe that's the reason.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I'm experiencing a similar issue with my LIne6 20 MKII. Strange enough, I hear these noises when I use my Epiphone Les Paul, while with a very cheap stratocaster clone, everything is fine. I wonder if there's something about the pickups...