Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

StageSource L3T reliability issues!!

I purchased a StageSource L3T three months ago and I have detected a problem of a rattling fan when I play a B note (9th fret D string) plus during a Jam, 1 of the 1/4 jack pushed my cable

out.... so I returned it for repair, but mean time I had ordered another one because Inwanted to run stereo... well right out of the box the same exact fan problem when playing that B note on the D string... is this normal??? Plus...after a few hour at bedroom volume level, i’m now hearing some white noise sporadically channel 1 and where I try to wiggle the xlr cable I seem to hear it more constant.... what is the deal with the quality of these products, real bad, out of the box and right back to the store for repair !!!

is this normal??? Plus...after a few hour at bedroom volume level, i’m now hearing some white noise sporadically channel 1 and where I try to wiggle the xlr cable I seem to hear it more constant....

Normal? No, but a well-known problem for a long time. Had same issue with my L2T when it was new, 3+ years ago. Fixed under warranty, and no problems since...trouble is, older units with the original fan assembly are obviously still being sold. Sometimes stuff sits in warehouses forever, and while newer production runs are supposed to have the upgraded fan assembly, there's really no way to tell what you're getting. The retailer certainly isn't gonna tell you the truth about how long something's been rotting in the stock room.

I haven't had these issues with my L2ts but that isn't very helpful. When you see the same issue on multiple units you really have to question whether the diagnosis is correct. Please take the following suggestions as they are intended - things to consider; I am not saying that your unit hasn't developed a fault... but could it be something else? Such as:

Fret rattle on the guitar? Do you get the same thing on the open B string and G string 4th fret? What about a different guitar?

Something else in the room rattling in sympathy? Such strings on another guitar - especially an acoustic? What happens when you move the speaker to a different room?

Does it stop when you lower the volume?

White noise that increases when you wiggle the XLR cable: first suspect every time is the cable - swap it, does the same noise appear if you swap to the mixer inputs?

Hello to all, thanks for the comments

I wish I knew how to post the videos that I have on my phone of the problems I have encountered.

I sent both the speaker and the videos to the Canadian Sevice Center they sais would deal with this for me.

the white noise issue has been tried with 1/4 inch and also XLR, same effect... the B note on the D string or the high B note on the A string (14th fret) have sufficient energy to make the speaker ( fan I guessing) to rattle annoyingly. Master at 50% and mixer channel gain set to 50% with the 20dB pas engaged and all the EQ flat (12 o’clock)

Hope that this is just terrible bad luck :(