Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hello,

I do the sound at a Church that uses a V55 wireless system with a headset mic (also have a Shure lav mic that works with the unit, but hardly has volume, separate matter though).

There have been recurring problems with it cutting out while the pastor is preaching.  I thought it was the headset mic itself as the cable was wrecked once, so we bought a new one to replace it but the same problem is happening now.  It was bad last Sunday with the associate pastor, but I didn't notice it the week before with a guest speaker.

We have a separate wireless Senheiser unit that uses a handheld wireless mic that is often on at the same time, we never have issues with that one but sometimes the handheld (though muted) is on, on the stage at the same time the pastor is speaking. The receivers for the Line 6 and the Senheiser are about 5 feet from each other.  I am not learned in this area at all, so I'm looking for any advice on how to deal with this, it's annoying for the speaker to have to take the unit off and grab the handheld all the time.

• 2 months later...

I started having drop outs after we upgraded the sound system. I bought the p180 active antennas and made a 100 foot low loss (lmr) cable to put the antennas on stage. No dropouts until someone found a dead spot. So I turned off power save and it works now.   

I think blue tooth transmission was causing the issue. Because I never had problems until people were there with all those cell phones. 

• 11 months later...

Probably not bluetooth it's more likely the wifi on the phones as they run at the same frequency an have stronger radios. We recently upgraded our wifi (more access points) and recently held an event with a big turnout and noticed it the mic was dropping out and I could see the signal drop on the receiver. This even happened when people were 6 feet away. We may try the p180 antennae.