Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6: seems they're missing a huge marketing segment.

Indianrock2020

I’ve decided to look elsewhere, Mooer, Zoom, NUX, Hotone, etc. I’m not throwing out my Line6 Pods, racks, and effects (HD is in storage). Other manufacturers have stepped up to the plate and have filled the vid and beyond, and they will only get better.

Good to see Boss will step into IRs, but other companies have proven IR loading can be done at a lower price point.

Moving on, I wish Line6 the best.

C'mon man! Just sell those old devices you have there and then raise the bar buying a single, quality one.

You have plenty of choices nowadays: Helix Floor/Rack/LT/FX, Boss GT-1000, Headrush, Amplifire 12/6/3, Fractal AX8/FX8...

All of them around 1000$, that's true, but these are the times when you have to sell all your old stuff to make room for the new quality standards.

Of course, you can keep yourself buying and collecting dozens of cheap/old-fashioned devices, instead.

C'mon man! Just sell those old devices you have there and then raise the bar buying a single, quality one.

You have plenty of choices nowadays: Helix Floor/Rack/LT/FX, Boss GT-1000, Headrush, Amplifire 12/6/3, Fractal AX8/FX8...

All of them around 1000$, that's true, but these are the times when you have to sell all your old stuff to make room for the new quality standards.

Of course, you can keep yourself buying and collecting dozens of cheap/old-fashioned devices, instead.

My old gear works fine, besides it’s nice to be able to reach over and grab a vintage Distortion+ or Line 6 MM4 for use on a song when recording. Amplifi and Spider V are pretty good too. Of course there’s nothing wrong with an Axefx 2 and that new Boss GT unit sound good so far. The time will come soon enough when I sell 99% of it, but it’s not today.

But I used to like buying Line 6 gear, but IMHO something happened to them when HD came out. It’s like their quality and support went out the window. Now their back, but I was burned and I don’t trust they won’t do it again. But hey they still sell it, so there’s still time to do the right thing.