Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

after updating HD500X loss of tones?

ZOMBLUE

Hiya - I bought a New POD HD500X in May, immediately updated and flashed it (with no problems) - question is, Did this completely overwrite ALL original tones? I'm talking the ones that came by default? There were vocals/bass etc besides just guitar amp tones, and I was looking forward to using those - but I'm not finding any of the originals. Am I missing a way to access them, or are they just GONE?

I use it, but am just getting around to looking deeper into the HD500X - I listed all the tones before updating it, but I'm not seeing them. I THOUGHT I'd made an backup prior to updating. I didn't download anyone's tones, just did the update.I was under the impression that the update would add SOME new tones, but not that it would completely replace them.

Should I start over and set it to default, or what's my options?

I only have a few tones I've created, so I'm not worried about losing those.

Any help appreciated in advance!

Honestly, the POD'S factory patches are notoriously wretched...you're better off without them. It's been a much-discussed topic over the years. If you're creating your own patches and you're happy with them, then you're already ahead of the game. Some guys show up in here after having struggled to get useable tones out of it for years...

• Upvote 1

there's actually been a number of "default bundles" over the years. 

Sometimes patches get overwritten, sometimes they get shuffled around. 

The current firmware uses 6 setlists. 

But, the truth is - I am not sure that you ever lost anything with the 500X. I think from the time that the X came out, that no patches/setlists were removed. And I think that only 1 setlist has been added. The drastic changes came from the 500, because it was originally sold with far fewer amps and effects. By the time the X came around, the only real addition was GEQ (which I still haven't touched).   

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the quick responses!

I'm wondering if I'm missing a way to get to more of them (lists etc) on the pod itself (with the foot switch/buttons)?

I don't SEE any of those other tones - especially the BASS ones - at all. That's what I was mainly looking for.

I'm guilty of just hopping into using the POD without reading through everything in depth- meaning- I have not memorized all the ways to do things. I found the directions to be lacking in details.

Right now I use a few tones for guitar/recording, and a few for live settings, but I've never found the ones I wrote down when I first started using it.

I guess I'll plug back into my comp and check out the lists through the computer?

Sorry for being so ignorant about this lol - that's why I need help.

Well... 

Do you know how to change setlists? Do you even know what a setlist is?

Truth is - these units are too complicated not to read the owner's manuals. 

Not many are going to spoon feed you. Help yourself, then maybe come and ask for help from others.

Well...

Do you know how to change setlists? Do you even know what a setlist is?

Truth is - these units are too complicated not to read the owner's manuals.

Not many are going to spoon feed you. Help yourself, then maybe come and ask for help from others.

I’ve played professionally for years all over the country and am a recording artist, - so Yes I know what a setlist is lmbo... but I haven’t spent a lot of time with this particular piece of equipment. I am now semi-retired and bought it along with an entire QSC PA, picked out an Allen & Heath board & a bunch of other toys, and am just getting around to this pedal board, and I found the directions are lacking in particular areas, thus my posting here.

I DID read what I found for a manual. No spoon feeding necessary as I am a big girl lol. I was asking for opinions and ideas as to what happens after updating.

SO any “helpful†comments are appreciated lol.

Thanks so much - hurghanico

I will check out those links and get back to you about the input settings if I still have questions after...

you are right when saying that the directions are lacking..

besides from to the downloadable advanced guide, you can find some additional info in the knowledge base of this site, and also in this forum..

eg what should be done after the firmware flashing procedure is described here: http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-hd500-hd500x/after-pod-hd500x500-flashre-flashupdate-man-r160 ...and over there you cand find other useful info too..

another quite important tip barely mentioned in the guide has to do with the input settings..

VERY COOL!

I've already seen from earlier posts that I have some MORE research/reading to do, so that's my next step -

reread some old stuff and then onto the new links you've shared. I appreciate the kindness and information!

This is exactly why I turned to the community and PRO/avid users of the POD, to fill in the gaps that the manufacturer left in the directions,

and to get (informative) input from you guys! :) THANKS AGAIN!

• Upvote 1