Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to Factory Reset with external buttons Spider V 240?

danilogusson

hello, i saved a new tone with special characters and my Spider V 240 locked on startup screen... (LINE 6 logo)

how i  make a factory reset with the buttons? 

when i power on the amp and...

hold down home button + FX = factory test mode and nothing happens

hold down home button + AMP = send rescue file (what is it?)

hold down AMP + FX button = checking the update (but i updated with all flash memory versions and nothing happens) =/

hold down the TAP button = IOP S&Q

How I fix this?

Can you help me?

From a Google search:  Q: How do I perform a factory reset on the Spider V series? A: Hold down the Home button to access the settings menu. Scroll down with the encoder to where it says Factory Reset. Scroll to the right and press the encoder knob to hit Yes.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/24/2018 at 7:07 PM, danilogusson said:

hello, i saved a new tone with special characters and my Spider V 240 locked on startup screen... (LINE 6 logo)

how i  make a factory reset with the buttons? 

when i power on the amp and...

hold down home button + FX = factory test mode and nothing happens

hold down home button + AMP = send rescue file (what is it?)

hold down AMP + FX button = checking the update (but i updated with all flash memory versions and nothing happens) =/

hold down the TAP button = IOP S&Q

How I fix this?

Can you help me?

Hi, have you been able to solve the problem? I am in the same situation ... thanks!

On 7/12/2018 at 8:13 PM, mwolert said:

Hi, have you been able to solve the problem? I am in the same situation ... thanks!

To perform a Factory Reset on Spider V: Hold down the Home button to open the settings menu. Use the rotary encoder to knob to scroll until you find Factory Reset, select the option and reset Spider V. Be sure to backup any presets you wish to save. You can use the Spider Remote app for desktop or smart device to backup presets. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 11:09 AM, ADBrown said:

To perform a Factory Reset on Spider V: Hold down the Home button to open the settings menu. Use the rotary encoder to knob to scroll until you find Factory Reset, select the option and reset Spider V. Be sure to backup any presets you wish to save. You can use the Spider Remote app for desktop or smart device to backup presets. 

The problem is that the head doesn't boot to the point where you can get the home button to do anything. As the OP stated, you can try the various combo starts (hold A+B during power on)

but, to my knowledge, none of those options allow a preset "reset". I am hoping that the "rescue file" is the key to fixing this issue, as my week old amp has the same problem. I'm waiting on a support ticket, and will update here. It really sucks, because I was starting to get some tones set up that I liked :)

On 8/5/2018 at 8:07 AM, gtarmn said:

The problem is that the head doesn't boot to the point where you can get the home button to do anything. As the OP stated, you can try the various combo starts (hold A+B during power on)

but, to my knowledge, none of those options allow a preset "reset". I am hoping that the "rescue file" is the key to fixing this issue, as my week old amp has the same problem. I'm waiting on a support ticket, and will update here. It really sucks, because I was starting to get some tones set up that I liked :)

I am sorry to hear that is happening. If possible I would exchange it with the retailer for a working unit as it sounds like this one has some issues. 

Well....Customer service at Line6 had no idea what the "rescue file" was and basically suggested I return the amp to the retailer for replacement. In case anyone is wondering, the "bug" appeared while I was attempting to change the title of a downloaded preset. I had forgotten to "save" the preset to the amp before making the change. Be careful out there boys, and girls.

Hi guys, I have the same problem with a V30. Did you have any news about the rescue file? Just to share with you, the amp stopped to work when I was changing the WAH settings on my iPhone. There was a loud “beep” noise before I had to turn it off. When I turned it on, stucked logo on the display. Any info would be very helpful. Thank you guys!

On 7/29/2018 at 7:48 PM, sheaworld said:

Spider V 20 doesn't seem to have a Home button. Only buttons are TAP TUNER, SAVE, FX1, FX2 and FX3.

How do I restore the factory settings without a Home button?

???

Thanks.

Hold down all three FX buttons, then press and release 'save' while the amp is turned on. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I literally have the same amp with the same problem as a result from doing the same thing. I bought mine used on reverb though, so I can't just return it. 

I successfully updated the firmware (all versions), which didn't work unfortunately. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from the help desk ticket I submitted last week. So I am awaiting a response for that.

I was so happy with this amp. It's hard to believe there's a flaw like this and no way to do a hard factory update outside of the software. 

I figured I would reply here to try and grease this squeaky wheel to get a fix for it.

• 3 months later...

I'm in the same boat. I tried to load a saved preset from my PC back into the amp and it froze. When I restarted it, it won't get past the "Line 6" boot up screen. I contacted L6 support, they want me to pack the amp up and ship it for repairs. Unfortunately, it's no longer under warranty and it's a little Spider V 30. It would cost more to ship it and repairs than getting a new amp. We'll see what happens. I loved that little amp! Had a ton of presets dialed-in that I loved. Fortunately, they're backed up on my PC.

Here's a link to the thread on my amp issue.

https://line6.com/support/topic/42487-spider-v30-amp-wont-load-beyond-line-6-boot-screen/

I'll keep you posted if I get an answer to the problem in my thread.

Good luck!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...