Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

...Whoa- Pending update (2.50) pinned above

TLF2007

Holy lollipop! Legacy effects FTW! I was just wishing the other day I could get the seeker in there! This must be the "controversial" update but I think it's FANTASTIC!

ALSO I sure love the sound of those reverb names. MAYBE they will make me stop missing my big sky

Line6 just issued a collective smack down with this update.

More Mesa, and finally a Friedman!  Nice.

New HX reverbs! Oh Yeah!!!!

Over 75 legacy effects from the M-series, and others.

Although with this I do have a question. Will this be coming to Helix Native as well? I see it is currently for Helix Rack + Control, Helix Floor, and Helix LT. I really, really hope so!

• Upvote 1

Line6 just issued a collective smack down with this update.

More Mesa, and finally a Friedman!  Nice.

New HX reverbs! Oh Yeah!!!!

Over 75 legacy effects from the M-series, and others.

Although with this I do have a question. Will this be coming to Helix Native as well? I see it is currently for Helix Rack + Control, Helix Floor, and Helix LT. I really, really hope so!

I suspect that a new version of Helix Native will arrive on the same day as Helix v2.50.  That was the case when Helix v2.30 was released.  The two products work together, so this would make complete sense.

• Upvote 1

Yes. Helix Native is also being released soon to include all Helix firmware v2.50 updates.

• Upvote 2

I'm stoked about the colored dim/bright option for active/non-active snapshots....I like to roam offstage during songs and I can color code my lead/rhythm as Green/Red for my bass/guitar player to switch to and back.  Before I'd have to be picky about what songs I could do that on....

****OH!!  And the other updates are awesome too.  hehe

I think where they figured there might be controversy was:

1. People complaining "Hey! This update is nothing but a bunch of outdated, last generation effects, many of which we already had in Helix! What a rip off!"
  2. People complaining "Hey! All the reverbs I use just got thrown under the 'Legacy' category!  I want them under Reverbs where I've always had them! What a pain!"

Myself... it's not the most exciting update, but it looks okay to me.  Some of those M-series effects that had no HX equivalents might come in handy.  And I guess we'll see how those HX 'verbs sound.

• People complaining "Hey! This update is nothing but a bunch of outdated, last generation effects, many of which we already had in Helix! What a rip off!"
  • People complaining "Hey! All the reverbs I use just got thrown under the 'Legacy' category! I want them under Reverbs where I've always had them! What a pain!"
Myself... it's not the most exciting update, but it looks okay to me. Some of those M-series effects that had no HX equivalents might come in handy. And I guess we'll see how those HX 'verbs sound.

Lol... someone would complain if the update came with a $100 bill.

• Upvote 2

Well I'm for one a bit upset about this.

Since having the Helix since day one I'm still not sure I have mastered all the effects, amps, cabs and the interaction between them.

As far as I can see L6 are just making it all more complicated, I would rather they removed stuff to get down to the 1-3 amps, and maybe 6 pedals that people really need.

I won't sleep well tonight thats for sure.

• Downvote 2

Well I'm for one a bit upset about this.

Since having the Helix since day one I'm still not sure I have mastered all the effects, amps, cabs and the interaction between them.

As far as I can see L6 are just making it all more complicated, I would rather they removed stuff to get down to the 1-3 amps, and maybe 6 pedals that people really need.

I won't sleep well tonight thats for sure.

This is a joke, right? ...Right?

I wanted better reverbs, and a Metal Zone, and I got both of those (even if the Metal Zone is a legacy version), so I'm happy.

I also know it's not previously been physically possible to ship a Helix update without having to include extra Marshall amps, so I admire the fact that they managed to get away with only doing a Marshall clone this time around. ;)

• Upvote 1

1. Yes, the controversy part was people THINKING that bring M series stuff would somehow have taken away from making new models... wasn't the case.

2. all the tones get migrated correctly so none of your current tones change... the "legacy" category appears along side stereo/mono/legacy when selecting effects... it take no more or less steps to get to them... just a slightly different path.

I think its a great update, and the reverbs are pretty sweet!

1. People complaining "Hey! This update is nothing but a bunch of outdated, last generation effects, many of which we already had in Helix! What a rip off!"
  2. People complaining "Hey! All the reverbs I use just got thrown under the 'Legacy' category!  I want them under Reverbs where I've always had them! What a pain!"

Myself... it's not the most exciting update, but it looks okay to me.  Some of those M-series effects that had no HX equivalents might come in handy.  And I guess we'll see how those HX 'verbs sound.

• Upvote 6

HOT DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SYNTH STRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Church band fun!!!   Might even have to use it in the Rock Band, too... heheheeeee...  :P

NICE update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

1. Yes, the controversy part was people THINKING that bring M series stuff would somehow have taken away from making new models... wasn't the case.

the "legacy" category appears along side stereo/mono/legacy when selecting effects... 

I think its a great update, and the reverbs are pretty sweet!

Well, I think this update is fantastic. I love the fact that we are getting legacy models.  So many more tools for the arsenal, especially the HX reverbs as I can use them for much more than guitar in the studio.

Just two question though, and it refers to what I have in bold quoted of yours:

Are the legacy FX mono, stereo, or just a mixture of both? If it is just a mixture, are they labeled clearly as either?

I love the fact they are doing this. I think we all can look at legacy stuff we have that may not now be at a resolution that matches "HD" quality but they have their own flavor or place. This will be a tweakers paradise with the M stuff and the new reverbs will likely fill the "HD" void some people were jonesing for. .. Lastly, I think the tuner is fine**

**-I do not work for Line 6

"Improvements/Changes

If a Snapshot has been given a custom switch color, that switch ring now displays a dim color when not active"

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this already possible in the current firmware? I give my snapshots custom colors and they stay the same color and dim when not active...

I do believe I am going to have to create a whole new array of patches.  I hope I can bathe after a few months of wood-shedding! I wonder if my job and my wife will still be around.  God I'm going to miss them. :ph34r:

Dennis

• Upvote 1

"Improvements/Changes

If a Snapshot has been given a custom switch color, that switch ring now displays a dim color when not active"

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this already possible in the current firmware? I give my snapshots custom colors and they stay the same color and dim when not active...

I'm pretty sure you're right about this, as I use it. There's even a global variable called LED Ring Brightness.

in the M series most effects were either mono or stereo effects and although i have not personally checked them all but i believe thats still the case

Well, I think this update is fantastic. I love the fact that we are getting legacy models.  So many more tools for the arsenal, especially the HX reverbs as I can use them for much more than guitar in the studio.

Just two question though, and it refers to what I have in bold quoted of yours:

Are the legacy FX mono, stereo, or just a mixture of both? If it is just a mixture, are they labeled clearly as either?

"Improvements/Changes

Absolutely true.

In fact, I have often 'custom' assigned red JUST so that it would be dim as well - at a glance at angles from my Rack Control I can see how many active Snapshots exist in my patches that way.

=]

And this reads in the pre-release notes as being spectacular and, as noted above, a generous effort on the part of Line 6 to be ready to hand this immense trove of sonic fun to us.

This coupled with the release of the amazing-seeming HXFX strengthens the Helix platform tremendously, as that will continue to attract 'other' segments of musicians who would be interested in this streamlined effects-focused device.

in the M series most effects were either mono or stereo effects and although i have not personally checked them all but i believe thats still the case

Thanks for the info, I assume there is a mono, and a stereo folder under legacy that houses these. Like it is now, but just under the legacy section?