Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

...Whoa- Pending update (2.50) pinned above

TLF2007

The appeal of purchasing an LT as a backup for my Helix has now become almost impossible to resist. This update just forces every other device I was considering move down the list in priority.

I did that a couple months ago. Take it to every gig.

Use the LT at church gigs.

Use Helix floor with LT in the Yukon XL in case of Helix death mid show in the rock band.

Church is close enough to the house to run get the backup in 5 minutes... Hehehe

That's a nice update for sure. I'm pretty happy with Helix as it is now and everythig they add it's just another Sweetie. I must confess that I'm pretty happy with the old Reverbs, since I'm a bit old-school and love 63 Spring Reverb -  but curious how the new ones sound.

Are the Legacy Effects all new or have some of the existing Reverbs and Delays moved to the Legacy Category?

Both, the legacy effects are new to Helix but ported from older pedals, the existing reverbs in Helix were originally ported in too so they're being moved to legacy and new ones added.

Craig

Legacy is legacy... no sub categories for mono/stereo they didn't exist in those categories in the M-Series, we just knew some things were stereo and most weren't....

Thanks for the info, I assume there is a mono, and a stereo folder under legacy that houses these. Like it is now, but just under the legacy section?

Legacy is legacy... no sub categories for mono/stereo they didn't exist in those categories in the M-Series, we just knew some things were stereo and most weren't....

I see. So either it will be trial & error to know which of each model is mono, or stereo.

OR...

I can just hope each model will have some sort of label, or icon stating mono, or stereo.

I appreciate the responses on the matter. Thank you for that.

you can see mono stereo details for the M series effects here:

http://line6.com/support/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=474

I see. So either it will be trial & error to know which of each model is mono, or stereo.

OR...

I can just hope each model will have some sort of label, or icon stating mono, or stereo.

I appreciate the responses on the matter. Thank you for that.

• Upvote 1

Greetings.  As a noob to this site, I just need to ask one question.  The 2.50 update info shows to be posted above back in 2016.  Does that mean someone just does an edit to the post for each upcoming update?  Sorry if it's a dumb question.  Thanks! Ron

Greetings.  As a noob to this site, I just need to ask one question.  The 2.50 update info shows to be posted above back in 2016.  Does that mean someone just does an edit to the post for each upcoming update?  Sorry if it's a dumb question.  Thanks! Ron

Yes

This is a joke, right? ...Right?

I wanted better reverbs, and a Metal Zone, and I got both of those (even if the Metal Zone is a legacy version), so I'm happy.

I also know it's not previously been physically possible to ship a Helix update without having to include extra Marshall amps, so I admire the fact that they managed to get away with only doing a Marshall clone this time around. ;)

I'm not too familiar with the legacy names.  Which one is the "Metal Zone"?  You got me excited with that so I went back to the list and don't see it.  With all the things I love about Helix I just cannot get an Eruption sound that I like.  Every time someone wants me to play it I have to go grab the Boss GT from my son which I gave him after buying the Helix.  I've been thinking all along a touch of Metal Zone is what this sound is missing.  Hoping it really is there by a different name...Thanks

I missed the Dimension D, the Metal Zone and the Phasers... But just porting old tech to a new platform is not my cup of tea. Maybe they`ll improve some of this fx and take them to HX quality in the future. Thumbs up for the Friedman, the Lone Star and the new HX Reverbs. Hope they include the high gain monsters soon regardless of what old wankers say about that.

Thanks DI for everything and looking forward to hearing from the 2.50 update soon.

• Downvote 1

... Hope they include the high gain monsters soon regardless of what old wankers say about that....

HaHa!! I consider myself one of those guys. But I don't disparage your desire for those bee-buzzers and I hope you get them. I already have way more options in Helix that I could ever fully explore and use. (Is bee-buzzer a fair trade for wanker? At least I was talking about objects, not people!)

Hope they include the high gain monsters soon regardless of what old wankers say about that.

Agreed. Some people refer to them as "bees in a can." but some of us do more than just clean play, honky tonk, or slightly overdriven rockabilly. I do all sorts of music styles including metal. Many of us would like, and appreciate, more nuanced choices on the ballsy side of amps with near as much overlap as the low-to-mid gain models in the helix.

I'd like the XTC, and some more Engl personally. I think they will add more high gain goodness for us throughout the year, but I wouldn't go expecting it in a single update. To be completely fair, just a couple more high gain monsters, (like the ones I mentioned above) is all I want out of amp models, other than say some unique amps (like the cartographer) or L6 original creations.

• Upvote 2

HaHa!! I consider myself one of those guys. But I don't disparage your desire for those bee-buzzers and I hope you get them. I already have way more options in Helix that I could ever fully explore and use. (Is bee-buzzer a fair trade for wanker? At least I was talking about objects, not people!)

Hahaha... My comment was not aimed at you dear Silverhead... I wouldn`t like to speak on behalf of the metalheads using the Helix out there, but I do know that many of them will agree that during the last updates the Line 6 team has put the mid-gain boutique amps as top priority and left us with the will to see some more high gain monsters which were included in the POD X3 such as the Diezels and the Bogners... There was an old wanker who made fun of a comment I posted saying he was more tired of reading about the Helix not doing any metal than reading about the tuner`s lack of precision... I believe those comments are definitely imprudent and childish... It`s really easy to say that behind a computer screen 12,000 miles away from where I live and mock other people. But what can I say? Old wankers have to deal with the fact that they`re closer to the harp that their guitars... Hahahaha. Just a saying from where I come from. Greetings to all of those who respect the other customers paying good money in order to feel satisfied with their products. I do believe "bee-buzzer" is a fair trade for "wanker"... I`ll add "meat grinder" to the comment in order to make it sound more masculine and metal!!!

Bless ya Line 6!!!! 

ps: The "Evil Randy" amp might be an outstanding addition to the amp modeling world for it has never been digitally reproduced...

.... Old wankers have to deal with the fact that they`re closer to the harp that their guitars... Hahahaha. ...

That's a great line! I think I'll use it as I grow my fingernails in preparation for my future life(?) as a harpist! :lol: I fully expect that there are lots of hi-gain harps in hell!

Have you seen this?

I downloaded this.  I think I've downloaded all of them.  In my opinion this one is the most authentic sounding, so I certainly see why you posted it.  This guy did an amazing job.  I love everything about the Helix, but this one sound is my elusive white whale.  Years ago I had a boss GT-10 and found a patch online called VanH'1 Phsr/Dly.  It was the most amazing sound I had ever heard in a modeler.  It was my go to sound for Eruption or any other liquid metal solo.  When I upgraded to the Boss Gt-100 I couldn't find the patch for that model.  So I wrote down every setting on the GT-10 and surprisingly the GT100 was a perfect match.  I've been trying to reproduce it on the Helix.  The best I can describe it is take the one you've posted here and make it bigger and more liquid.  There's more reverb but the sound isn't washed away.  The bass is strong and the highs scream loud and clear with sustain that goes on forever.  I don't know if this makes any sense.  It's just a big roomy sound that's neither crunch nor fuzz.  It's somewhere in the middle with the right amount of gain, sustain, and responsiveness(?) to make it play like butter.  Every time I get close to the sound it's washed away.  I've been thinking something like a metal zone might be what it needs to cut through the wash.  Anyway, don't want to get the thread off topic.  My eyes perked up when I saw someone say MZ is included in the new update. 

same organization as before except when you select reverbs for example you will now see

MONO

STEREO

LEGACY

your selection will produce relevant results.

Does anyone know, will the legacy effects all be under one category or will there be like Legacy distortion, Legacy Modulation, etc. I'm hoping for the latter.

Yeah, the Logic Pro verb visuals look like some sort of Las Vegas fountain

in the meantime , those of you who are jonesing for some new reverbs, if yer lucky enough (?) to be a Mac user, yesterdays  Logic Pro update has several very juicy ones. some with awesome visuals..........

• Upvote 1

So glad that I rushed to get the LT right after trying the Native demo. 

When I got the unit, my only wish was that they could have some more richer reverbs, 

and now we will have 5 new reverbs plus all the Legacy effects, can't wait to try the new update! 

Cool. I was just looking at the M series effects list. There are some great "sounding" effects in there, that I can't wait to try.

Kudos to Line6 for bringing these to the Helix.

Now all I need is for Line6 to give in to guilt and FINALLY announce a south paw JTV, and that would really make my day ;)