Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX

regalpierot

Whoa, don't know how this escaped me to now. Just saw it via Line 6 promotion mail. Been waiting for something like this for ages. No headphones or variax input which would have made this a 10. But can't have it all.

Anyone know, if you load a preset from customtone do you just get everything except Amp and Cab that was includes when pushed to the HX?

Will this bridge? In other words, are the HX M-Series effects (all 100+) on the Line 6 HX Effects included in the 2.50 as true HX quality effects or am I seeing things? :blink:

Not sure understand what you’re asking...

Not sure understand what you’re asking...

The HX Effects literature is saying it has 100+ HX Effects includes the legacy effects from the M-Series and Stomp-box Modeler pedals.  While it does say "legacy" and DI is using the same term can we all assume the "legacy" M series effects are really now truly HX (or whatever term best suits the Helix model) in the Helix 2.50?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

'I don't think the current models can exchange presets either, can they'

I always assumed they did. Like whether you choose Helix or Helix LT icon in the Custom Tone section  for example the two most downloaded tones (and my faves) are

1. Dumblesque

2 . Ambient Clean

At a guess they aren't built specific to each model. I'm also not sure the outputs matter too much as it really just cares about the virtak signal chain etc that was put together and saved. I may be wrong.

I guess, Line 6 this will be the diff between a purchase and not, if I download say 'Ambient Clean' and use Helix App with HX connected, can I import that tone and all I'll lose i sthe amps and cabs or totally wont even transfer to HX at all

Whoa, don't know how this escaped me to now. Just saw it via Line 6 promotion mail. Been waiting for something like this for ages. No headphones or variax input which would have made this a 10. But can't have it all.

Anyone know, if you load a preset from customtone do you just get everything except Amp and Cab that was includes when pushed to the HX?

I think the confusion here is you seem to be referring to the new product as HX, but the product is actually HXFX and it's not some sort of variation of a full Helix unit.  It's specifically the effects portion of the Helix that's been split off into a specialized multi-effects unit.  It doesn't contain all the amp and cabinet models of the Helix nor does it have all the routing and signal path options.  Therefore it doesn't appear to be compatible with Helix patches.  HXFX has it's own way of being configured that appears to have nothing to do with how it's done in Helix at least at this point.

The HX Effects literature is saying it has 100+ HX Effects includes the legacy effects from the M-Series and Stomp-box Modeler pedals. While it does say "legacy" and DI is using the same term can we all assume the "legacy" M series effects are really now truly HX (or whatever term best suits the Helix model) in the Helix 2.50?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

I guess I’m confused by what you mean by “true HXâ€. The way it will work when 2.50 is released is there will be three categories in the menu for each of the different effects types - Mono, Stereo and Legacy. Anything that’s in the Legacy category was ported over from the M-series. They haven’t been upgraded or anything (although the way the mix parameter on effects where it exists works has been revised so it matches what happens with the HX effects). They sound exactly the same as they did in the M-series. Some of the effects react a little better in the Helix because they benefit from the Helix’s higher sampling rate. The Legacy synth and filter effects track faster now, for instance.

I guess I’m confused by what you mean by “true HXâ€. The way it will work when 2.50 is released is there will be three categories in the menu for each of the different effects types - Mono, Stereo and Legacy. Anything that’s in the Legacy category was ported over from the M-series. They haven’t been upgraded or anything (although the way the mix parameter on effects where it exists works has been revised so it matches what happens with the HX effects). They sound exactly the same as they did in the M-series. Some of the effects react a little better in the Helix because they benefit from the Helix’s higher sampling rate. The Legacy synth and filter effects track faster now, for instance.

Phil,

Thank you.  You have answered my question.  I remember when I first got my Helix (wow, has it been almost two years?) this forum had many users asking about the M-Series FX blocks being added (are they, aren't they, why aren't they).  Looks like great things are worth waiting for.  It also looks like Line 6 has responded to the Helix users request for having Helix equipment at various pricing levels.  So it looks like the Helix is the Flagship, the Helix LT is the mid cost, and the HXFX is for those who want the on-stage real amp with Helix quality Effects.  Looks like my M-13 is going back on the "backup" pedal board.  Amazing things happening.  I can't wait to use the v2.50 when it comes out for the Helix and start playing around with all the capability it will have.  Just when I thought I was satisfied.  Line 6 never gives up which is very good!

Dennis

Ha, to twist the knife this morning Line 6 sent a promotional Email

'Every Helix® guitar processor is compatible with the rest of the Helix family—from Helix Floor to the Helix Native plug-in. In this video, Line 6’s Paul Hindmarsh demonstrates how to use HX Edit software to manage your preset library and transfer tones between different Helix products.'

This is the point where HX Effects learns it was adopted and not truly a part of the family :)

.....'

This is the point where HX Effects learns it was adopted and not truly a part of the family :)

Not sure what you mean. HX Edit is now available for the HXFX device as a librarian and preset transfer capability. It will become a full fledged editor, including preset edits, in the next release. Just like the original Helix editor - librarian features first, then full editing later.