Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to connect a mono input, stereo output pedal to a Helix

Teerexness

I got a lovely Leslie "G" pedal for Christmas and still have not figured out how to connect it to my Helix. It is the guitar version of Leslie's Leslie cabinet simulator, so it has a mono input. The output is stereo, and I think it's important to maintain that on a rotary speaker simulator.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I'm assuming you have the big Helix and not the LT. If that's true then connect one FX loop send from the Helix to the Leslie's  input and then connnect the two outputs to two of the FX loop returns on the Helix. You then need to program that input and those outputs to where you want them in the patch's path.

• Upvote 1

You might also have to find a way to pan the two return signals fully L/R respectively to capture the stereo effect.

To go a step further, you would need to put the FX returns on parallel paths. This would then create a "Split" block and a "Merge" block. The "Merge" block has pan parameters.See page 31 of the owners manual. Just FYI the "Split" and "Merge" blocks take up no memory and are automatically created when you create parallel paths.

• Upvote 1

I am using the original Helix floor model. Lots of holes on the back!

I'm assuming you have the big Helix and not the LT. If that's true then connect one FX loop send from the Helix to the Leslie's  input and then connnect the two outputs to two of the FX loop returns on the Helix. You then need to program that input and those outputs to where you want them in the patch's path.

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

I have a similar question. I am using alle S/R now , 1 S/R for 4cm, 2 SR for boss Vocoder, 3 S for Mic in of the Vocoder and 4 SR for vocals Boss Ve-20 because Helix has no vocal Harmonizer on board. So The Boss VE-20 is returned only in Mono. Better would be stereo.

Idea is now to use the free Return on slot 3 to have 2 return for the boss ve-20. So send mono on Slot 3 and return stereo on 3 and 4. But I will still use S4 for the Mic vocoder. Can not test this right now.

Best regards

JuRo