Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Come on with this update!!!!!

cgar18

I think you're going to need to put on some pants before the update arrives. :D  And please...no pics!!

What kind of underwear do guitarist wear? Come on its simple, a G string,unless you were a woodstock guy or 80's hair band then its nothing..

AVAILABLE SOON—DON'T LOOK FOR IT NOW!

That's not funny. I do not show my wife a diamond ring and tell her, let's see when you get him. I would not survive that.

So give us the update!

Or at least tell us when it will be available. Please!

• Upvote 2

While we’re all waiting for the v2.50 Firmware to drop, I may kill some of the time by patching my old HD500 into the FX loop on the Helix. That should give me an idea of what the update will be like, although without those tasty ‘verbs.

Oh, no! That would use a single send/return block to let me link 8 legacy effects together before hitting the Helix!

Damn!

Then, with that set up, I’m only missing out on those slinky, detailed reverbs - I really don’t need another Marshall clone.

Anyone tried this with a POD HD500, or an M13, or something else?

While we’re all waiting for the v2.50 Firmware to drop, I may kill some of the time by patching my old HD500 into the FX loop on the Helix. That should give me an idea of what the update will be like, although without those tasty ‘verbs.

Oh, no! That would use a single send/return block to let me link 8 legacy effects together before hitting the Helix!

Damn!

Then, with that set up, I’m only missing out on those slinky, detailed reverbs - I really don’t need another Marshall clone.

Anyone tried this with a POD HD500, or an M13, or something else?

Yes I did this with my 500X, you can also use the HD's loop to split post and pre & get really complex amp model combinations or use IR's Live with the HD (wicked!) not to mention MIDI control....

Yes I did this with my 500X, you can also use the HD's loop to split post and pre & get really complex amp model combinations or use IR's Live with the HD (wicked!) not to mention MIDI control....

I should have known that someone out there had done this already. I have been looking at the HD500 in the corner and just been too lazy to blow the dust off and plug it in. Gonna have to give this a try.

Hell, there is also an XT Live, an ancient BOSS GT6 and Roland guitar synth in here hiding from the daylight.

Where did I leave all those patch cords and MIDI cables?

Fun, fun, fun!

You'd rather it come out when it's ready rather than when it's announced. Trust me.  If you think about it, their big product launch at the 2018 NAMM Show was the HX Effects which of course has v2.50 already in it.  They certainly couldn't show off the new effects without mentioning the Helix/Helix Rack/Helix LT release.  Line 6 will release when they're back from NAMM and it's ready for the masses.  I'm very excited too, and it's coming soon!  :)