Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects and Wah

B-O-G

Hi,

I've been looking at the HX Effects, and it has the potential to be exactly what I've been needing. The only thing I'm curious about is how I might control the wah. There's an expression pedal input, but unlike the Helix Rack, there's no jack for an expression pedal toe switch. Does the wah have some kind of auto-on/auto-off feature that will make using this with a regular expression pedal (i.e. no toe switch) easy, or do I need to assign a toe switch to toggle the effect block? I apologize if this seems like a silly question, but I couldn't find anything in the manual.

Thanks in Advance,

B.O.G

Hi,

I've been looking at the HX Effects, and it has the potential to be exactly what I've been needing. The only thing I'm curious about is how I might control the wah. There's an expression pedal input, but unlike the Helix Rack, there's no jack for an expression pedal toe switch. Does the wah have some kind of auto-on/auto-off feature that will make using this with a regular expression pedal (i.e. no toe switch) easy, or do I need to assign a toe switch to toggle the effect block? I apologize if this seems like a silly question, but I couldn't find anything in the manual.

Thanks in Advance,

B.O.G

You can set it to auto-engage when you rock the pedal past position 0.  When you're done and put the pedal back to position 0 the wah will auto-disengage.  No switch necessary.  This is how I have all of my presets setup.  I also use two Mission Engineering expression pedals with my Helix Floor so I can dedicate the built-in pedal for volume control.