Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A survery: Can you see the water ripples at the left bottom of screen when pushing the buttom

L919191

Probably what Mr. Silverhead suggested, or someone at shipping pee'ed on it. Get down there and see if it smells like pee.... No?  It's most likely the plastic screen protector then.  ;)

Edited- yea you look like by pressing u are flexing the LCD screen a bit. That's normal if that's what happening.

Probably what Mr. Silverhead suggested, or someone at shipping pee'ed on it. Get down there and see if it smells like pee.... No?  It's most likely the plastic screen protector then.  ;)

Edited- yea you look like by pressing u are flexing the LCD screen a bit. That's normal if that's what happening.

Well, do you have this issue on your device?

This occurs even when I press the button very softly actually.

Well, do you have this issue on your device?

Yes. When I press next to the LCD screens on my Presonus Fadertport 8, they do "ripple" as you describe it. And I have seen this happen on other products as well.

See THIS for more info... 

Yes. When I press next to the LCD screens on my Presonus Fadertport 8, they do "ripple" as you describe it. And I have seen this happen on other products as well.

See THIS for more info... 

Well, thank you so much for your help and explanation, but it seems like there's a misunderstanding here.

The difference between a normal water ripples on LCD screen is commonly seen on any device of course, but what I'm talking here doesn't seen like a normal one, because you see, as theory, there must be water ripples when I push any of the all 6 buttons under the Helix screen, but that's not what happen, what happens here is that the only chance the ripple shows is when I push the very first button, so I'm guessing that something might be wrong with my device.

To identify if it's a real problem can be really simple I believe, just push all 6 buttons on anyone else's helix, and see whether there will be a water ripple or not. So I will wait for the reply here.

Not a showstopper but I can see why this might bother you. Your video definitely looks like the screen is flexing when you press that knob. Is this a common issue with the LT? I have never experienced on my Helix. Does anyone else with the LT have this problem? I would as recommended above, contact Line6 and ask them about this or open a ticket. If possible you could go up to a guitar store and check to see if other LTs are doing this and if they are not I would swap this one out as you just received it.

If I push on the plastic edge around my laptop screen I get that effect. I don't think this is an issue at all. Enjoy your Helix.

You have a point, I don't think this will cause any kind of failure which would be my concern and it does make a nice subtle visual effect each time the button is pressed.