Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Strings Choice

Hi, I'm gonna try the 11 string gauge to compare acoustic sounds but I wonder if there is a type of strings or brand the piezzo may prefer to be a jack of all trade in all models.

thanks

I'm currently using thoses:

http://www.ernieball.com/products/electric-strings/1694/classic-pure-nickel-regular-slinky

For me the best strings to get that middle point between acoustic and electric feel and tone are the D'Addario XL115W.

They have a wound G or 3rd string for those with altered tunings.  They last well, and have been consistent in quality.

Guages: .011, .014, .021w, .028w, .038w, .049w

My 2 cents.

For me the best strings to get that middle point between acoustic and electric feel and tone are the D'Addario XL115W.

They have a wound G or 3rd string for those with altered tunings.  They last well, and have been consistent in quality.

My 2 cents.

Did you have any trouble putting these strings on the jtv, was it a jtv69. I would like to try them on my jtv69 but wondering if there would be any problem with them fitting in the nut,thanks for your help  cal.

My 2 cents.

Exactly the ones I use for a better acoustic "feel" with the wound 3rd.

I use earnieball 0.11, and I find them MUCH better at sustain, tone, intonation, bends, than the standard 0.10s

I owned a fender acoustasonic tele before, and it had as standard 0.11s with a wound G for better acoustic sounds/feel, and it seemed to work, but so far I'm sticking with the non-wound G on my JTV...

I'd definitely recommend going to 0.11s anyhow