Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Carrying case - what do you prefer?

Nimbas

When I got my Helix from Sweetwater, it came with the Helix backpack - it's perfect.

Some people complain about it being a tight fit, but that was never an issue for me.

Yup, works fine for me, too... and I can't argue with the price of $0. 😉

An infinite improvement over the case for the 500X... "tight fit" doesn't begin to describe that thing. You needed a fistful of Crisco and a running start to get the POD in there, and the zipper pulls were worthless, flimsy metal...they all snapped off within ~4-6 weeks of regular use. But the Helix bag seems much more durable and has that "bungee cord-ish" material for zipper pulls, so there's really nothing to break. And I don't get winded trying to cram the Helix in there...it's a much better bag.

Yup, works fine for me, too... and I can't argue with the price of $0.

An infinite improvement over the case for the 500X... "tight fit" doesn't begin to describe that thing. You needed a fistful of Crisco and a running start to get the POD in there, and the zipper pulls were worthless, flimsy metal...they all snapped off within ~4-6 weeks of regular use. But the Helix bag seems much more durable and has that "bungee cord-ish" material for zipper pulls, so there's really nothing to break. And I don't get winded trying to cram the Helix in there...it's a much better bag.

And tons of room for cables!  I made a 4cm cable snake (w/ midi) using the Pedal Python and it fits in the larger cable pocket very nicely with room to spare.  It's a great case for the Helix.