Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects Exression Pedal

regalpierot

I did look through the manual but no specific reference that I could see.

I know with the Helix Rack controller there was an expression pedal input labeled such that you could use a toe switch products (the Mission Helix being a great option). Neither of the two expression inputs on HX Effects are tagged with the toe switch reference, does anyone know if it is compatible. I'd love to be able to switch on\off wah etc with the missions toe switch.

Thanks

Can someone from Line 6 answer this? I posted the same question. Would be awesome to have one Mission SP1-L6H hooked up to the HX!! Thanks

It will work.  I have two of those same pedals; however, there is no toe switch jack on the HX Effects or Helix Floor.  The Helix Rack is the only model that has it.  The HX Effects will definitely support two of those pedals, just not the toe switch.  Like I said I have two on my Helix Floor.  What's cool about the HX Effects is that you can control channel switching on two different amps using the same shared "Ext Amp/Pedal" jacks.

• 1 month later...

What's cool about the HX Effects is that you can control channel switching on two different amps using the same shared "Ext Amp/Pedal" jacks.

But if you use it for amp switching you lose the option to add an expression pedal, right?

• 3 months later...

Does anyone now the pin out/impedance for the expression pedal inputs?  I am using an ernie ball volume pedal and it works except for going back to 100% when toe down.  It will only go to 99%.  I can set it in the parameters to 100% however the moment I go heel and back to toe 99% again.  Kinda messes up the pitch pedal a bit.  By the way I am using TRS with an insert cable on volume pedal.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anthony

I think it's standard 10k for the pots........

I do have a question, when you plug in your expression pedal, does it default to a volume pedal which turns the out off when in the full heel position?. Im having this issue at the moment with a mission ep-1

Thanks for the info, as far as the default if you look in the editor the controller is probably set for bypass.  I was having the same problem, once I set it to control a different parameter that problem went away. 

11 hours ago, cntlr001 said:

Does anyone now the pin out/impedance for the expression pedal inputs?  I am using an ernie ball volume pedal and it works except for going back to 100% when toe down.  It will only go to 99%.  I can set it in the parameters to 100% however the moment I go heel and back to toe 99% again.  Kinda messes up the pitch pedal a bit.  By the way I am using TRS with an insert cable on volume pedal.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anthony

Line 6 uses a different wiring scheme for their expression pedals than typical TRS expression pedals.

This is what Line 6 wants (with the Helix and the HX, the actually value of the pot isn't as important):

exp_pedal.jpg&key=601bb73ee8f403e5cf4d6d

With this scheme, the potentiometer is acting like a sink for the voltage coming from the EXP jack.

Most expression pedals are wired like this:

expression_pedal_sch-1.gif

When you move treadle, it varies the voltage going back the tip. The value of the potentiometer in this scheme isn't important, as it's not directly in the expression circuit.

Because the ring connection is grounded on the TRS versions, I think that why some of those end up working. The voltage between the tip and the sleeve is still being varied by the treadle, but at some positions, it grounds out, so you get the jumps to 0 or 100.