Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podfarm 1.12 plug-in for Garageband in Mac OS High Sierra...

Hi guys,

I have a line 6 Pod Studio UX2 (black face) and I recently got a new mac (OS: High Sierra). I managed to install PODFARM 1.12 (which is not so trivial…) for which I have a licence and PODFARM 2.59 (trial version) on it.

Podfarm 1.12 and 2.59 works nicely in standalone BUT the problem is that Garageband (version 10.2.0) does not see the plug-in of Podfarm 1.12…(only the podfarm 2.59 ones, so limited amps).

Does anyone know how to get this plug-in working fine with Garageband?

I see the “podfarm.vst†file in the list of plug-ins in the library/audio folder…

Cheers,

Arsgael

If you have a black-faced POD Studio (not a red-faced Toneport) it should have a hardware enabled PF2 license. 

The exception would be if the POD Studio was registered for the first time before a cutoff date (October 20009 I think) which is not common.

Have you run the license manager?

• Upvote 1

Hi Triryche,

Thank you for your reply!

Actually this is another point I don’t understand…

I bought and registered my Pod Farm (black-faced) in June 2009. Each I launch the pod farm 2 soft, it is said that my pod farm is not authorized on this computer…. and also:

“Pod farm 2 has found a valid licence for your UX2 but you need to run the line 6 licence manager to allow pod farm 2 to be run on this computer with your UX2 (no additional purchase is necessary).â€

But when I run the licence manager, my computer and the pod farm is authorized. In the add-ons part, I only have FX Junkies written in italic…And from that licence manager I can’t do so much apparently…

When I was with my old mac, it was the same BUT I could see and use the plug-ins for pod farm 1.12 and 2.59 with garageband (version 6.0.5)…

So

1. I guess I can not get the licence for pod farm 2 as i got it before 09-2009 (even if it is said that pod farm 2 has found a valid licence for my UX2) or should I open a ticket to the support?
  2. About the plug-ins, I guess High Sierra does not recognize the file “podfarm.vst†(?)

Cheers

I don't think there is much support for podfarm and later operating systems now helix native is out. I have things working right now and have switched off updates. It seems they want us to move over to helix.

It might be best to open a support ticket with line6, if anyone kniws5, it should be them.

I could be wrong on the cutoff date, but if you have PF2 full verison running on your Mac you should have a license. 

The reason FX Junies shows up is because that modle back is free with the UX2.

I'm not a Mac guy, have you tried installing the other plug-in format? 

Hi guys,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I do not have the license for Podfarm 2 as I don't have acces to all the ampli… (even if when I launch podfarm 2 it says that “Pod farm 2 has found a valid licence for your UX2 but you need to run the line 6 licence manager to allow pod farm 2 to be run on this computer with your UX2 (no additional purchase is necessary).â€)

About the plug-ins, I can install manually:

POD Farm VST Plugin.pkg,

POD Farm RTAS Plugin.pkg,

POD Farm AU Plugin.pkg,

without any error message but I still can’t see any pod farm 1 plug-in from Garageband…

Cheers,